Ebay Fees

Options
Sold an iphone and the invoice is astronomical in price? Had a few issues selling ie first buyer never paid, second buyer returned item. It was the selling of a single iphone and the fees on the invoice are as follows:-

07-Jan 06:31:15 Apple iPhone XS Space Grey 64gb Unlocked, BNIB, Factory Sealed.
303021843123 Buy It Now Listing Fee £0.50

07-Jan 06:31:15 Apple iPhone XS Space Grey 64gb Unlocked, BNIB, Factory Sealed.
303021843123 Reserve Price Listing Fee £27.97

10-Jan 06:34:00 BRAND NEW Apple iPhone XS Space Grey 64gb Unlocked, Factory Sealed.
303025235700 Buy It Now Listing Fee £0.50

10-Jan 06:34:00 BRAND NEW Apple iPhone XS Space Grey 64gb Unlocked, Factory Sealed.
303025235700 Reserve Price Listing Fee £27.97

11-Jan 07:44:33 BNIB**Apple iPhone XS - 64GB - Space Grey (Unlocked) A2097 (GSM), Factory Sealed
303026400613 Reserve Price Listing Fee £27.97

12-Jan 07:44:36 BNIB**Apple iPhone XS - 64GB - Space Grey (Unlocked) A2097 (GSM), Factory Sealed
Final price: £809.99 (auction) 303026400613 Final Value Fee £80.97

12-Jan 09:11:38 BNIB*Apple iPhone XS - 64GB - Space Grey (Unlocked) A2097 (GSM). Factory Sealed.
303027459948 Buy It Now Listing Fee £0.50

12-Jan 09:11:38 BNIB*Apple iPhone XS - 64GB - Space Grey (Unlocked) A2097 (GSM). Factory Sealed.
303027459948 Reserve Price Listing Fee £27.97

13-Jan 09:11:46 BNIB*Apple iPhone XS - 64GB - Space Grey (Unlocked) A2097 (GSM). Factory Sealed.
Final price: £820.00 (auction) 303027459948 Final Value Fee £81.97

16-Jan 09:39:28 Apple iPhone XS - 64GB - Space Grey (Vodafone) A2097 (GSM)
303031784998 Buy It Now Listing Fee £0.50

16-Jan 09:39:28 Apple iPhone XS - 64GB - Space Grey (Vodafone) A2097 (GSM)
303031784998 Reserve Price Listing Fee £27.97

19-Jan 09:39:32 Apple iPhone XS - 64GB - Space Grey (Vodafone) A2097 (GSM)
Final price: £776.68 (auction) 303031784998 Final Value Fee £77.64

21-Jan 03:18:51 Apple iPhone XS - 64GB - Space Grey (Vodafone) A2097 (GSM)
303036502803 Buy It Now Listing Fee £0.50

21-Jan 03:18:51 Apple iPhone XS - 64GB - Space Grey (Vodafone) A2097 (GSM)
303036502803 Reserve Price Listing Fee £27.97

22-Jan 03:18:54 Apple iPhone XS - 64GB - Space Grey (Vodafone) A2097 (GSM)
Final price: £700.00 (auction) 303036502803 Final Value Fee £69.97

22-Jan 03:28:21 Apple iPhone XS - 64GB - Space Grey (Vodafone) A2097 (GSM)
P&P and other related costs: £3.45 (Auction) 303036502803

Final Value Fee on Shipping £0.34
Transaction fees total: £481.23
Total new fees: £481.23
Billing Detail Summary
Total invoices, payments, and refunds£0.00
Total discounts£0.00
Total credits-£186.58
Total New Fees£481.23

Total Amount due£294.65

Essentially being charged 3 times for what is the sale of one item? Am i wrong? Speaking on the phone to eBay makes you want to jump out of the window of a high storey building. Anyone got an email? why do they make it so difficult? :eek:

Comments

• mgdavid
    mgdavid Posts: 6,706 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    There are 6 (six) different item numbers in that list, can you clarify what exactly you are asking about?
    For the 2 failed sales you mention, if the correct action is taken you usually get the fees returned to you.
    The questions that get the best answers are the questions that give most detail....
  • bbelt
    bbelt Posts: 117 Forumite
    Options
    Thats exactly my query. Six item numbers relating to one item sold as a result of the issues stated above.

Should it not be that one set of charges applies given that it is the same item for each item number?

Trying to explain this on the phone to them was a waste of time. The person who took my call didnt even understand the issue. Hence my wanting of an email contact which probably no longer exists.
  • ebayer2018
    Options
    They can't all be relating to one item sold. The item titles don't appear to be the same.

Apple iPhone XS - 64GB - Space Grey (Unlocked)
    Apple iPhone XS - 64GB - Space Grey (Vodafone)
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,250 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You are listing wrongly, the listing fees are about as expensive as you can get and would have been shown each time you listed or relisted.

Adding a reserve and a BIN is very very costly, a single listing with just a high start price would have saved you over £27 each time.

Before you list anything it really pays to read the fees associated with selling - this is also shown before you confirm the listing.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • soolin
    Options
    bbelt wrote: »
    Thats exactly my query. Six item numbers relating to one item sold as a result of the issues stated above.

Should it not be that one set of charges applies given that it is the same item for each item number?

Trying to explain this on the phone to them was a waste of time. The person who took my call didnt even understand the issue. Hence my wanting of an email contact which probably no longer exists.

No, every single time you list it generates a new listing.

Fee structure is explained here;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/fees-private-sellers?id=4364&st=3&pos=1&query=Fees%20for%20private%20sellers&context=9060_SELLER
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • bbelt
    Options
    so I pay 3x fees for the same item that firstly had a buyer pull out after the auction ended, secondly was returned and then only thirdly was sold?
  • bbelt
    Options
    soolin wrote: »

so I pay 3x fees for the same item that firstly had a buyer pull out after the auction ended, secondly was returned and then only thirdly was sold?

The information contained in your link says final value fees are applied when sold? The first two didnt sell for the reasons above. :T
  • soolin
    Options

You would have got the FVFs back for the unpaid sales if you had completed the NPB Process, or even if you had cancelled the sale with buyers agreement.

It's all in the link I posted.

As above though, eBay charge final value fees when item sells not when it is paid for. If sale doesn't go ahead then you need to get the sale cancelled before relisting.

If you go through a cancellation process and then relist once the process is complete you can get a basic listing fee credit if item resells on second attempt. You don't however get all these little g upgrades refunded or credited.

Selling on eBay is not a case of putting something on the site and hoping for the best, like any site or service that charges you need to be entirely clear what you are agreeing to before you confirm and go ahead.

As a private seller you could have actually managed to sell that for as little as £1 if the right offer had come along and you had used the start price wisely .
  • soolin
    Options

The information contained in your link says final value fees are applied when sold? The first two didnt sell for the reasons above. :T

They did sell though and you were correctly charged fees.

Read my other posts as that explains what you needed to have done to reclaim those FVFs on the two failed sales.
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,560 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    1 day auction. Please only bid if you are a serious buyer and intend on honoring your bid. Fed up of time wasters.

Obvious scammers with 0 feedback can expect hilarious replies!

One way to attract scammers and timewasters.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure