Comments

• murphydavid
    murphydavid Posts: 832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 20 November 2012 at 9:59AM
    Options
    Further on Bank of Baroda. Wow it was hard to find but its here
    https://www.bankofbarodauk.com/bmxacopn/acopn/bobmaxcmpn.aspx
    and moneysupermarket has it wrong its down to 2.85%.
    What a coincidence down to .05 above First save. You know I get the feeling the banks are using this site and moneysupermarket to see if they can reduce their rates.
    I wonder if it might not help savers if moneysavingexpert put in a few incorrect higher ones to make banks think they have more competition (no in my desperation I'm just being stupid)
    In the end I found this
    http://www.bankofbarodauk.com/exchange-interest-rates/
    - BARODA BONANZA : @3.00% p.a. for 15 Months.
    It has UK protection to £85000 so I will now see if I can actually open an account at this rate. Their web site navigation is hard and has a lot to be desired.
    Goodness me I have had to do my own time consuming research I usually just come here and move my money without needing to look further.
  • yertiz_2
    yertiz_2 Posts: 252 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just found Tesco Internet Saver 2.40% variable includes fixed bonus 1.15% for 12 months - Instant Access.

Didnt show on Moneysupermarket or Moneyfacts!
  • duckster76
    Options
    The Tesco product is showing on Moneyfacts. Here it is http://moneyfacts.co.uk/compare/savings/easy-access-accounts-with-bonus/

However, it does include a fixed 1.15% bonus interest for 12 months on balances from £1 to £1 million
  • Repairman77
    Options
    Yes, Tesco Internet Saver seems to be the best bet today; off to sign up with them. 2.4% instant access, daily interest calculation and under the Government Protection scheme; doubt they'll be any better deals soon.
  • lowbrim
    lowbrim Posts: 489 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Nationwide Loyalty Saver 2.4% if yiu have had a mortgage or account with them for 15yrs. Instant access and unlimited withdraws so better than mysave.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Intelligent Finance iSaver - instant access, no bonus rate, is currrently showing as 2.49%
  • I-LOV-MONEY
    Options
    scgf wrote: »
    Intelligent Finance iSaver - instant access, no bonus rate, is currrently showing as 2.49%

Only available to existing customers.
    Thank you for reading this message.
  • System
    Options
    Only available to existing customers.
    Oh. I applied for the account only last week and have just sent the paperwork back. Does that mean I won't get the 2.49%?
  • I-LOV-MONEY
    I-LOV-MONEY Posts: 1,267 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    scgf wrote: »
    Oh. I applied for the account only last week and have just sent the paperwork back. Does that mean I won't get the 2.49%?

Don't know. It doesn't look like it, but give them a ring to check and then let the rest of us know!
    Thank you for reading this message.
  • System
    Options
    Just rang them and was told that since I applied when the accounts were open to all I am classified as an 'existing customer'.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback