LLU bethere and sky

Options
Hi,

First post but have been a voyeur for some time and found these forums very helpful thanks.

I am currently with BT on 1mb but getting fed up with phone calls and overusage emails so now looking to move.

Initially I believed that 1mb was my limit as BT have previously said they were going to put me on 2mb but then said they couldn't.

Being a sky customer I was attracted by there £5/mth offer up to 2mb, line checked online, although I expected them to later say I could only get 1mb as have BT.

After reviewing these forums, just to check, I have now come accross bethere.co.uk /O2/BE who seem to be offering faster than BT connection speeds using LLU?

I have checked and my exchange is LLU enabled for both BE and SKY.

Questions:

Does this mean I will get Sky at 2mb?

Will O2/BE be able to provide faster than this?

Do O2/BE or SKY have a lower speed at higher demands policy?

Can I move my existing (@btinternet.com) email address over or do I have to use a new one?

Please help, I am getting awfully confused:confused: .

Paul

Comments

• tomthered
    Options
    Your speed depends on the line you use and the line attenuation or resistance of the phone line and the SNR or signal to noise ratio. Go to DSLzone.net and use there adsl 2 tester to check the potential speed. Sky offer an upto 16mb service whereas Be* offer an upto 24 mb service, which depends on how far you are from the exchange. Spend a bit of time reading the DSLzone forums, they will help you decide.

One other factor is that Be* allow a truly unlimited service for downloading. Sky cap some of their products although they say there is a fair use policy(whatever that is) for the unlimited offering.

If you have a router to connect to the net then you need to obtain your stats on attenuation which will give a rough idea ofwhat speeds to expect.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure