WWYD? Annoying possible buyer

Options
I have listed an auction item on Ebay - it is damaged so started price at £1. It has surprised me by gaining 30+ watchers in a day and two bids. This is pleasing as I had thought I would just throw it away!
Shortly after listing I get a message asking for a price - I say as I have bids I cannot add a buy it now to the auction. I then get another message asking me to end the auction and relist so they can buy it and how much do I want. I politely reply saying that I cannot end the auction for no reason and that I will honour any bids already made. They get back to me asking me to say the item is more damaged and relist and again asking how much I want.
I am not ending the auction, the price I want is the final bid.
Should I reply, ignore them, block them (they smell like trouble to me) or just let them bid if they want the item?

Comments

• NaughtiusMaximus
    Options
    JuzaMum wrote: »
    (they smell like trouble to me)

That's my impression too, I would block them.
  • JuzaMum
    JuzaMum Posts: 658 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I have just looked at their feedback and it is all private which is not a good sign. I'm blocking them, I don't need the hassle!
    Can I get rid of the unanswered question notification on my listing?
  • dantendo
    Options
    Block and ignore, I get people like this all the time.
  • mgdavid
    mgdavid Posts: 6,706 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Yes, block and ignore, don't worry about the unanswered question.
    The questions that get the best answers are the questions that give most detail....
  • shapala
    shapala Posts: 616 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You can use the down arrow on 'my ebay selling' page and click 'mark as answered' for the question.

You've done the right thing to block the bidder. Good luck with the sale.
  • lindens
    lindens Posts: 2,870 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    be careful that the not working part is very clear. if it's electrical dont list it in the DVD player category (for example) list it under spares and repairs
    You're not your * could have not of * Debt not dept *
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,310 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    lindens wrote: »
    be careful that the not working part is very clear. if it's electrical dont list it in the DVD player category (for example) list it under spares and repairs

^^^

This is very important- if buyer claims SNAD and it is listed in main category then buyer *might* win the case. If however item is listed in 'parts or tools/spares' (whatever the category supports) then seller is more likely to win.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • JuzaMum
    Options
    Thanks for all the help and advice - I wasn't sure if blocking the buyer was an overreaction. The item is
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/292957719013?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
    and I hope I have highlighted the fault well enough. It makes me nervous to get a lot of interest in something.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,310 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    JuzaMum wrote: »
    Thanks for all the help and advice - I wasn't sure if blocking the buyer was an overreaction. The item is
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/292957719013?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
    and I hope I have highlighted the fault well enough. It makes me nervous to get a lot of interest in something.

Your item specifics say it is mainly black - it looks a sort of turquoise green to me?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • JuzaMum
    Options
    Doh! Previously listed item was black - it won't let me change it now but I hope the colour is obvious.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure