🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

IRESA- Deloitte debt letter

Options
124»

Comments

• pcblue
    pcblue Posts: 3 Newbie
    First Post
    edited 21 March 2019 at 11:51AM
    Options
    Hi folks just as a reply to my previous post on this issue.... Having emailed {Edited by Forum Team} to investigate. Which was not replied to, then emailing to ask if she considered Deloitte had breached the Data protection act by not taking reasonable steps to pass on incorrect or misleading information to CDS Global also I asked if we were entitled to compensation for the stress this had caused us. Her reply is next...….

Thank you for your email in relation to Iresa Limited – In Administration.

By way of background, {Edited by Forum Team} and {Edited by Forum Team} were appointed Joint Administrators of Iresa Limited (“the Company”) on 1 August 2018. The Joint Administrators act as agents of the Company and are under a duty to realise the assets of the Company for the best value in order to distribute realisations to creditors (in a strict order of priority). One of those assets relates to amounts still owed by the previous customers to Iresa. The Company’s records showed that you were a previous customer and that there was still a balance due from you. You therefore received correspondence from our appointed agents, CDS global.

Following the Joint Administrators appointment, the Administrators retained a number of key employees from the Company to reconcile the most up to date readings with the customer accounts prior to contacting those customers. Data including outstanding balances has been transferred to the debt collection organisation in the good faith of the Joint Administrators and such balances are open to challenge where the customer has evidence to the contrary.

On the basis of the above our Data Protection Officer believes that the Joint Administrators have followed the requirements under the General Data Protection Regulation and the information transferred to the debt collection organisation does not constitute a data breach as defined in data protection legislation.

Further to your email below and subsequent investigations in to your account, we have instructed CDS to not pursue this claim any further and I apologise for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Where a customer challenges the outstanding balance, reasonable steps are taken to ensure that this is investigated without delay. Having received your correspondence, the Joint Administrators have quickly taken the appropriate steps to investigate your account and update our details accordingly. The Joint Administrators have acted in good faith based on the information provided by Company. On this basis, there are no grounds for you to seek financial compensation.

Kind regards,

{Edited by Forum Team}
    For M J Cowlishaw
    Joint Administrator – Iresa Limited

{Edited by Forum Team}and {Edited by Forum Team} of Deloitte LLP were appointed Joint Administrators of Iresa Limited on 1 August 2018. The affairs, business and property of the Company are managed by the Joint Administrators. The Joint Administrators act as agents of the Company and contract without personal liability. The Joint Administrators are authorised by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW). All licensed Insolvency Practitioners of Deloitte LLP are licensed in the UK

{Edited by Forum Team}
    Assistant Manager | FA - Restructuring Services | Deloitte LLP
    Four Brindleyplace, Birmingham, B1 2HZ
    {Edited by Forum Team}
  • Imvrasos
    Imvrasos Posts: 81 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I am also one of the many customers to be affected, thankfully I countered the claim as I had a saved final bill. I still think it's an unacceptable practice to bring Iresa online account servicing down, and then cold calling people asking for money.

In my case, Deloitte never even contacted me, passing my personal information directly to a debt collector. I already complained to Deloitte, and they ignored my letter.

Can one of the energy gurus here suggest where to escalate my complaint? I am not sure if the energy ombudsman applies in our situation.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 4 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport