IRESA- Deloitte debt letter

Options

Comments

• brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,518 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Don't know if Deloitte are still finding new supposed Iresa debts...but the bad news is that access to the Iresa records has now been shut down ,so I hope all ex Iresa customers have downloaded everything they need to make their case!!
  • zolablue25
    zolablue25 Posts: 1,652 Forumite
    Options
    brewerdave wrote: »
    Don't know if Deloitte are still finding new supposed Iresa debts...but the bad news is that access to the Iresa records has now been shut down ,so I hope all ex Iresa customers have downloaded everything they need to make their case!!
    Ah nuts! Can't remember whether I downloaded the last few statements or not? Have to check later. Hopefully Deloitte don't send me a letter as I left in March 18 when I was £200+ in credit.
  • Raxiel
    Raxiel Posts: 1,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    It's still up to them to prove there's a debt. The records may be a mess but I doubt they'd go so far as to falsify anything. Stating 'Iresa's records say you owe it' isn't proof, they'll need to provide a breakdown of how that figure was achieved.

It's also worth noting that legally, a disputed debt doesn't exist until a court says it does, and they won't take things that far without the information above. Passing it to debt collectors will generate nothing more than letters, they won't send anyone to your door.

One thing in Iresa's credit (of which there were few) is that when meter readings were submitted they emailed a copy of the read back to the customer.
    Provided you still have those, between:
    The opening reads on joining
    The opening reads of the new supplier when leaving,
    Days between those reads (for standing charge)

Unit rates on the contract

The average calorific value over the supply period, and

The total number of direct debits paid (from bank records)

You can calculate a reasonably close value for total debit/credit reasonably quickly. It won't be exact, because CV is averaged between bills and this doesn't take into account the 4% credit interest, but close enough (within a tenner) to prove a demand for several hundred is a load of rubbish. It's only worth spending the time working out the exact value if they don't listen to reason.

For my own part, I've not heard anything else from them. I expect they're still wading through Sh*t, although I do regret not mentioning that I don't consent to my personal details being passed to third party debt collectors for GDPR reasons but it's not the end of the world.
    3.6 kW PV in the Midlands - 9x Sharp 400W black panels - 6x facing SE and 3x facing SW, Solaredge Optimisers and Inverter. 400W Derril Water (one day). Octopus Flux
  • JakeRushy
    Options
    Received a phone call today!

I was so angry... no communications since May last year then they throw this at me....

It's got me really worried, I don't have this type money sitting around.

I moved house in March 2018. I sent numerous emails and requests through there online web portal for a final settlement figure.

I tried loads of times to contact them over the phone but never got higher that 50th in the queue prior to be disconnected.

In May 2018 I finally received an email from them with a final settlement figure. They also stated that I would be charged an additional months gas and electric if this was not paid. It was paid immediately and I disputed paying the extra figure of £49.26 for additional months supply, due to the fact I had made immediate payment, my numerous requests for a final settlement fee 2 months prior and the fact that the gas and electric was now being provided by a new supplier to the new home owner.

The outstanding figure quote CDS have provided me today matches nothing from my communications with Iresa.

When I left my previous property I had a postal redirect service in place. Since this has finished I have had good communication with the new home owner and I have collected post as recent as last month when my boys birthday card was delivered to the wrong address. Since May 2018 I have had no correspondence from Iresa either by post, phone or email.

I've emailed CDS back, but doubt this will go away. Any advice would be great...
  • Raxiel
    Raxiel Posts: 1,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 11 March 2019 at 1:29PM
    Options
    JakeRushy wrote: »
    Received a phone call today!

I was so angry... no communications since May last year then they throw this at me....

It's got me really worried, I don't have this type money sitting around.

I moved house in March 2018. I sent numerous emails and requests through there online web portal for a final settlement figure.

I tried loads of times to contact them over the phone but never got higher that 50th in the queue prior to be disconnected.

In May 2018 I finally received an email from them with a final settlement figure. They also stated that I would be charged an additional months gas and electric if this was not paid. It was paid immediately and I disputed paying the extra figure of £49.26 for additional months supply, due to the fact I had made immediate payment, my numerous requests for a final settlement fee 2 months prior and the fact that the gas and electric was now being provided by a new supplier to the new home owner.

The outstanding figure quote CDS have provided me today matches nothing from my communications with Iresa.

When I left my previous property I had a postal redirect service in place. Since this has finished I have had good communication with the new home owner and I have collected post as recent as last month when my boys birthday card was delivered to the wrong address. Since May 2018 I have had no correspondence from Iresa either by post, phone or email.

I've emailed CDS back, but doubt this will go away. Any advice would be great...

Just because they say the money is owed doesn't mean its true. Iresa's records were a mess (and they continued adding estimated readings to accounts of customers who left).

An energy supplier can't charge you 'an extra month' just for being 'late' in paying, they can only charge you for what you use in that month and any daily standing charge once it becomes due.

Did you get a final bill (clearly labelled as such, not just the last one they sent) from Iresa when you left?

If the answer is yes, and you paid it, then send the administrators a letter or email denying the debt and requiring them to 'prove it'.

If the answer is no, figure out roughly how much you used in the whole time you were with them as per my previous post. If it's around £500 you'll need to dig into a bit more detail as it may indeed be owed. If it's around £0 then again it's a deny and 'prove it' letter.

Make sure they have your new address for contact. No debt collectors or bailiffs will come knocking on your door. The only way that can happen is if they go as far as to sue you in county court, win, you refuse to pay, and then they refer it to the High court for enforcement.
    3.6 kW PV in the Midlands - 9x Sharp 400W black panels - 6x facing SE and 3x facing SW, Solaredge Optimisers and Inverter. 400W Derril Water (one day). Octopus Flux
  • Former_MSE_Callum
    Options
    Hello all,

If you have received a debt collection letter from Deloitte, would you be able to send an image to callum.mason@moneysavingexpert.com. Not for publication, just so we can look into the issue.

Best
    MSE Callum
  • pcblue
    pcblue Posts: 3 Newbie
    First Post
    edited 12 March 2019 at 4:54PM
    Options
    Hi everyone, I got a call on Friday from this CDS Global Debt Solutions saying I owed over £400 for electricity on my Iresa account that was closed 11 months ago. I cannot get in to the Iresa accounts now as they no longer exist, however I did have the tariff and first and last meter readings so could work out that the figure CDS stated I owed was more than the entire electric used plus the daily rate for the full 13 months I was with Iresa. I have asked via email for Emma Harrison at Deloitte to investigate this and questioned if they have breached the Data Protection act by submitting incorrect or misleading information to CDS Global. I have also stated about the 12 month maximum on back billing and asked that they call off CDS Global immediately. Anyone else with issues of this kind who left Iresa before August 2018 should email Emma at emmaharrison@deloitte.co.uk and query their demands.
  • JoyB
    JoyB Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    Hi. Finally got Deloitte to accept the details that Octopus sent them. They have had lots of complaints and it took several weeks and I used GDPR. CDS never really helped much so Delloite may be the way to go. My £1300 'bill' was actually a small credit. Octopus were really helpful finding my old account. Good luck and dont panic.
  • Former_MSE_Callum
    Options
    I've had a letter from Emma Harrison at Deloitte saying Corporate Debt Solutions will be in touch to recoup the £245.38 owing on my Iresa account.

I closed my Iresa account in Jan 2018 with a £400+ CREDIT balance which I had to spend months chasing them for before I finally got my refund in April 2018.

I've emailed them putting them straight. Hopefully that'll be the end of it.

Hello,

Have you had any response from Deloitte on this? If so, would you be able to send it to callum.mason@moneysavingexpert.com
  • Former_MSE_Callum
    Options
    JoyB wrote: »
    Hi. Finally got Deloitte to accept the details that Octopus sent them. They have had lots of complaints and it took several weeks and I used GDPR. CDS never really helped much so Delloite may be the way to go. My £1300 'bill' was actually a small credit. Octopus were really helpful finding my old account. Good luck and dont panic.

Hi JoyB, would you be able to send on the correspondence from Deloitte to Callum.Mason@moneysavingexpert.com - we're looking into this issue at the moment?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure