Stupid Andrex adverts

Options
13»

Comments

• z1a
    z1a Posts: 2,522 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Aviva have a stupid ad, The one with the horse & bloke in tabard, he stops gently and well clear of them, so why would he even be talking to them?
  • Les79
    Les79 Posts: 1,337 Forumite
    Options
    Could be worse like, they could show you the literal use of it; featuring some fat mid 40s bloke who spent the previous night getting sloshed in the local Indian curry house on the toilet, and the practical uses of the Andrex wipes in that scenario.

Sorry to be so vulgar like, but I sort of feel that the adverts they run now are fine in comparison?
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Andrex quilts are my toilet tissue of choice, for various reasons, but why oh why has the price of a 16-pack gone up by £2 in the last year! :eek:

£2! Unbelievable! I watched the price go up with incredulity!

And this wasn't just in one supermarket, either!

(Luckily, I had stocked up when it was cheaper).

But what is going on?

Have other loo paper prices gone up a lot? Is there a paper shortage, or what?
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• mrglittersparkles
    Options
    In more recent times, young children are being used indiscriminately to advertise all sorts of products.
    Strange, how the more people try to protect children, the more advertisers use them to promote products that they have no bearing on.

As people have said, far from encouraging us to use these products, it puts many off.
    Live, Love, Craft!
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,660 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    In more recent times, young children are being used indiscriminately to advertise all sorts of products.

Children were used in TV adverts way back in the early 1960s, possibly even earlier
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure