Stupid Andrex adverts

Options

Comments

• Lip_Stick
    Lip_Stick Posts: 2,415 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The advert that annoys me the most is one for baby milk (forgot which brand), that implies if you feed them it, they'll grow up to be a gymnast or whatever dreams you have for your little one's future.
    There's a storm coming, Mr Johnson. You and your friends better batten down the hatches, because when it hits, you're all gonna wonder how you ever thought you could live so large and leave so little for the rest of us.
  • Paul_Varjak
    Paul_Varjak Posts: 4,627 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    p00hsticks wrote: »
    No, adverts are designed to make people buy the product - and these adverts put me right off it !

Are you advertising and selling poo sticks as a replacement for toilet paper and are they spoon-shaped?
  • SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,461 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    owen_money wrote: »
    I've just used Andrex and my botty feels as clean as a shiny ring.

I dont see a problem with telling everyone I meet

I thought you used Izal. It's better for story-boarding quiz ideas while you're in the most productive room in the house. :rotfl:
  • Woolco
    Woolco Posts: 172 Forumite
    Options
    Someone with a username Poo complaining about toilet tissue.

OH P U L E Z E.
  • LilElvis
    LilElvis Posts: 5,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Woolco wrote: »
    Someone with a username Poo complaining about toilet tissue.

OH P U L E Z E.

Poohsticks is a game - nothing to do with faeces and everything to do with Winnie the Pooh, the fictional bear.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poohsticks
  • hb2
    hb2 Posts: 1,398 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    POPPYOSCAR wrote: »
    I agree.

Does anyone actually buy that awful product VIPoo?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/living/3536092/brits-baffled-by-advert-airwicks-v-i-poo-spray/

'While many Twitter users have tried and tested the spray and deemed it “effective”, others have been left completely baffled by the whole thing.

One user wrote: “Did I just seriously just see a product advert named #VIPoo at 8 in the morning can't handle this”'

Even worse, they were advertising them in December as perfect Christmas presents!! :(
    It's not difficult!
    'Wander' - to walk or move in a leisurely manner.
    'Wonder' - to feel curious.
  • Laz123
    Laz123 Posts: 1,742 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    A six year old girl asked her mum where poo comes from. The mother was a little taken aback but decided to tackle the problem head on. She explained about the digestive process after eating and about the end product ending up in the toilet. The little girl listened open-mouthed all the way through the explanation and at the end asked:

'And what about Tigger.'
  • parkrunner
    parkrunner Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Why does anyone watch adverts?
    It's nothing , not nothink.
  • Raxiel
    Raxiel Posts: 1,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    POPPYOSCAR wrote: »
    I agree.

Does anyone actually buy that awful product VIPoo?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/living/3536092/brits-baffled-by-advert-airwicks-v-i-poo-spray/

'While many Twitter users have tried and tested the spray and deemed it “effective”, others have been left completely baffled by the whole thing.

One user wrote: “Did I just seriously just see a product advert named #VIPoo at 8 in the morning can't handle this”'

Oh I hate that one so much. It doesn't 'trap the smell under the water'. The WATER traps the smell, that's why its there! The product is just a tiny bottle of air freshener.

This (appropriately named) guy did a brilliant deconstruction of how absurd Andrex' marketing is http://adturds.co.uk/2013/02/25/andrex-scrunch-or-fold-advert/

That was back in 2013, its not gotten any better.
    3.6 kW PV in the Midlands - 9x Sharp 400W black panels - 6x facing SE and 3x facing SW, Solaredge Optimisers and Inverter. 400W Derril Water (one day). Octopus Flux
  • Moglex
    Moglex Posts: 1,581 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    swingaloo wrote: »
    I get more annoyed by those ads for sanitary protection that imply I will be able to pay tennis/ride my bike better if I swap brands.

You can learn a lot from those adverts.

Growing up I learned that when women had periods their blood turned bright blue, they became maniacally happy, wore very tight white trousers and pranced about doing all sorts of energetic activities whilst pointing their bottoms at cameras.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure