Forum Home» Food Shopping & Groceries

Good and Bad Buying at Lidl and Aldi (***Please don't expire***) - Page 117

New Post Advanced Search

Good and Bad Buying at Lidl and Aldi (***Please don't expire***)

edited 18 January at 7:10PM in Food Shopping & Groceries
1.3K replies 176K views

Replies

• od244051od244051 Forumite
    877 posts
    500 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭
    I bought a mattress protector at Lidl on Sunday. Opened the pack yesterday to discover there's a hole on one side.  My mum who was going to Lidl later that day took the protector to get it exchanged. Two staff members said it should be fine for exchange. Oh no, manager said the money needed to be refunded back onto my card then buy it back. Why???

I have purchased products which turned out to be faulty , at other retailers and it was a case of a straight swap with them recording the reason of the fault. This thing of refunding money back onto account then buying it is ludicrous. 
  • Doc_NDoc_N Forumite
    7.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    od244051 said:
    I bought a mattress protector at Lidl on Sunday. Opened the pack yesterday to discover there's a hole on one side.  My mum who was going to Lidl later that day took the protector to get it exchanged. Two staff members said it should be fine for exchange. Oh no, manager said the money needed to be refunded back onto my card then buy it back. Why???

I have purchased products which turned out to be faulty , at other retailers and it was a case of a straight swap with them recording the reason of the fault. This thing of refunding money back onto account then buying it is ludicrous. 
    Internal accounting and maybe even targets perhaps?
    877 posts
    ✭✭✭
    Doc_N said:
    od244051 said:

Internal accounting and maybe even targets perhaps?
    What happens if the item in question is an expensive product (£100+) and the customer does not have the available funds to repurchase the product as it takes 2-3 working days? 

I work in essential retail and if a customer returns a product with a quality issue, we do a straight swap. and its on the inventory as faulty and return to depot. 
  • PollycatPollycat Forumite
    30.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Savvy Shopper!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would have challenged the manager.
    Non-Food specials items
    a) Faulty Non-Food specials items
    - Within 12 months of purchase:
    If you are not satisfied with the quality of a non-food specials item purchased at one of our stores, you may return the item within one year of purchase with your receipt or proof of purchase to one of our stores, for a replacement (where available) or a full refund.

But then again, I don't go returning items without being fully aware of my rights and the shop's T&Cs.

If they have email contact, I would use that and ask if their policy as outlined above actually means that the original purchase be refunded and then the item be purchased again.

• duncanthedogduncanthedog Forumite
    4.4K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Parkside work gloves in the middle of Lidl next week are good hard wearing gloves and they tend to fit better than most as the fingers are not too long compared with the hand size.
    Parkside Work Gloves - at Lidl UK - www.lidl.co.uk
    877 posts
    ✭✭✭
    Parkside work gloves in the middle of Lidl next week are good hard wearing gloves and they tend to fit better than most as the fingers are not too long compared with the hand size.
    Parkside Work Gloves - at Lidl UK - www.lidl.co.uk
    Thanks for those. I do volunteering litter picking and will be getting these. 
  • Rosa_DamascenaRosa_Damascena Forumite
    2K posts
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rowan Hill (Lidl) chocolate mini-rolls are much nicer than Cadbury's.

Felt stressed and went back to sugar. TG there are 10 in a pack :)
    No man is worth crawling on this earth.

So much to read, so little time.
  • duncanthedogduncanthedog Forumite
    4.4K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Newgate baked beans are back on the shelf in Lidl as are Simply facial tissues.
    877 posts
    ✭✭✭
    Opened Aldi’s Alcafe Barista Moments Americano (Aldi’s version of Nescafé Azera) earlier this week. The lid is of poor quality as can see the white lines where I have opened the tin. I can see it break in the next few times of opening.