IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Updated: Ticket Cancelled by UKPC :)

Options

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I'd complain to the BPA that you appealed on (date), UKPC did not respond to your appeal by day 35 (as per the BPA Code of Practice), you have not received a POPLA Code, and now they are sending you a Notice to Keeper, 68/69 days after the alleged parking event.

Ask them to investigate as you are hitting a brick wall with UKPC.

steve.c@britishparking.co.uk
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • parkingfinessuck
    Options
    Great, will do!
  • parkingfinessuck
    Options
    I've emailed steve.c@britishparking.co.uk

Just to confirm I'm fine to not directly appeal to UKPC following their suggested method on the back of the NTK?

Thanks all you really are such a help!
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    I've emailed steve.c@britishparking.co.uk

Just to confirm I'm fine to not directly appeal to UKPC following their suggested method on the back of the NTK?

Thanks all you really are such a help!

Let's see what SC says, he's normally quite quick in responding.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• parkingfinessuck
    Options
    Ok, will wait and see
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,011 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    When it is cancelled by Steve, or if a POPLA code arrives due to his intervention, THEN use this info (without saying who the person is picking up the signs except that they were 'an occupant of the car'!) and tell him you require an investigation:
    parked next to some spaces that had permanent signs (on posts) behind them and then there are 4-5 places with non-fixed signs propped up against a wall. When I parked the signs were not there, when I returned the signs had appeared / been moved back in to place. I've got pictures of the signs not there and a video of myself picking them all up, illustrating how they can be moved and put back.

I so want Steve Clark to see that....and you will get your chance even if the PCN is cancelled!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • parkingfinessuck
    Options
    Steve is apparently undertaking some other duties at the moment but has passed it on to a colleague who swiftly replied and informed me that they are looking in to it for me. I'll be sure to keep you updated :)
  • parkingfinessuck
    Options
    Update: Resolved

Only a matter of days since emailing Steve at the BPA and his colleague taking the matter up I've received a letter from UKPC confirming parking charge has been cancelled :)

I'm sure its a default template familiar to many here but some of the lines are gold:

''It is not our intention to cause undue worry and frustration when enforcing our clients terms and conditions' - strange because it seems to me you go out of your way to do exactly that!

''Whilst we feel we were following the guidelines and enforcement controls agreed with our client' - you mean apart from all the guidelines you explicitly did not follow hence leading to the swift cancellation of the ticket as soon as I'd contacted BPA?

Anyway, wait off my mind. I can't thank the posters here enough, very few things in life stress me or cause me anxiety but things like this do.
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    A cancellation is the normal response. It seems that they avoid sanctions by cancelling. I would guess a good number of people pay up rather than complain. It's a nice scam.
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    Good result - will you now follow the advice given by Coupon-mad in post #17?

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport