IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Controlled Parking Zone Rules

Hi,

I have been given a parking ticket for parking in a controlled zone. I didn't realise it was a controlled zone because the signs on the entrances are very far away. The one that is on my route home (that Id never noticed before) is almost a kilometre away from where I park. Anyone know any rules about how far away the signs can be?

Many thanks

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,566 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Private parking or council?
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    hi, and welcome to the forum.....

is this council or private parking ?

if its council then head on over to PEPIPOO

http://www.pepipoo.com/

if private have a read of the newbies thread first

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822

Ralph:cool:
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,385 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    JWTL wrote: »
    Hi,

I have been given a parking ticket for parking in a controlled zone. I didn't realise it was a controlled zone because the signs on the entrances are very far away. The one that is on my route home (that Id never noticed before) is almost a kilometre away from where I park. Anyone know any rules about how far away the signs can be?

Many thanks

They have to be at every entrance possible into the zone. Double signs on wider roads at the entrance but not on every road within, annoyingly.

But CPZ's should not be so big that a driver can't be expected to know, at all (although there are no distances set, AFAIK).

Post on pepipoo forum with pics of the PCN (BOTH SIDES) and no using a Hotmail email there or you will never be cleared to post.

They see almost every case win, and will tell you what your options and arguments might be, or not, as the case may be.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Thanks very much Ill head over to pepipoo. It's a council CZP
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport