Flights to Austria after Brexit

Hi everyone,

I am planning a ski holiday in St Anton (in Austria) for mid April 2019 (just before Easter)

I am aware that there are risks involved with booking flights now if we end up with no deal, eg flights to/from EU might be grounded until agreements are put in place, but on the flip side if I wait flight prices will go up...

I've researched the following options
- fly from London to Innsbruck (which is in Austria ie within EU and a 1hr train from St Anton)
- fly from London to Zurich (which is in Switzerland , ie outside of EU, and then take a ~2hr train to St Anton).

I'm wondering if flying to Zurich is a less risky option?
Any advice appreciated.

Of course I know the best thing would be to take our ski holiday before brexit - but unfortunately the mid April date is fixed for us this year.

Thanks.

Comments

• Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,277 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Lots of people will jump in to say that of course "they" will sort out arrangements for air travel, so don't worry. My viewpoint is an unrealistic but unhelpful "nobody knows". Flights to Zurich obviously over-fly the EU, and of the hundred-odd things that might go wrong (but probably will not) in the event of a no-deal Brexit, most of them would affect Swiss flights as well. So the main thing I would do is allow plenty of spare time in case of delays, and only fly into Zurich if flights there were much cheaper, or if there were some particular reason to visit.
  • PompeyPete
    PompeyPete Posts: 7,126 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I'm flying with EJ into Slovenia on 3 April, and have no doubt my flight will set off on time.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure