3285 days to be mortgage free......

Comments

• Quiet MFW day today. But did dscover my cc account was in credit by £23. Must have miscalculated there somehow! Have asked for the money to be credited to my bank account. Once it has been that will go for an OP.  :)
    Did manage another NSD though - no.7 this month. Managed 13 last month so will really have get organised to equal that this month. 😜

Cx
    Balance target 31st Dec 23 £36,000Balance 1st of month £425001561 days to go........
  • Hazelnutty
    Hazelnutty Posts: 720 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Good job @clarity1972 with the regular OPs!
    Choose kind:)
  • The left over shopping budget for this week of £23.72 and TTs of £3.95 got OPd today. This brings OPs to £168 for the month so far.  :)
    Weirdly the cc credit refund went out and then the next day was been put back on the cc so now I'll have to ring them again to request it is transferred to my bank account. 🙄
    Definitely found it quite motivating to make OPs little and often this month instead of saving up into more of a lump sum. My mortgage statement will be pages long next time!!! :D
    Cx
    Balance target 31st Dec 23 £36,000Balance 1st of month £425001561 days to go........
  • Little bit of cashback claimed from Quidc0 came through so £5.53 OP made. Up to 9 NSDs ..... really struggling this month. Partly due to (budgeted) back to school expenses and random household things like light bulbs, screws and fuel for the mower. Oh well. Start again next month. 
    But its only 2 days to payday.......😁

Cx
  • Last sweep of the accounts before payday.....£5.26 OP made. Roll on tomorrow.   :D
  • So OPs for August totalled £1250 which is fab. 🥳Won't always be as high but feels so good to have made a noticeable dent in the balance. So much so we are nearly at the end of year target! 
    Ended up with 10 NSDs in August. Hoping to hit 15 in September with today being NSD#1!! 

Off to update signature.....
    Cx
  • And we're off.....
    1st OP for September....£5.27 TT.  B)
  • £77.28 OP from unspent grocery and fuel budget. Excess funds in fuel budget each month is starting to dwindle as i am back in the office a lot more now so am expecting this little OP bonus area to end soon....... :s
    Still struggling with NSD. Only 1 so far this month. OH doesn't quite get the idea and just buys fuel when he thinks of it or a part for car. All budgeted spends but means I keep finding that days I thought were no spend actually weren't......
    Cx
  • I wouldn't beat yourself up too much about the NSD thing, they don't work for everyone. As long as they are considered/necessary purchases then I personally think it's OK to buy them as they're needed - fuel and car parts sound pretty necessary to me!
    Mortgage start: £65,495 (March 2016)
    Cleared 🧚‍♀️🧚‍♀️🧚‍♀️!!! In 5 years, 1 month and 29 days
    Total amount repaid: £72,307.03. £1.10 repaid for every £1.00 borrowed

Finally earning interest instead of paying it!!!
  • I wouldn't beat yourself up too much about the NSD thing, they don't work for everyone. As long as they are considered/necessary purchases then I personally think it's OK to buy them as they're needed - fuel and car parts sound pretty necessary to me!
    Yes very necessary!! :D 
    I think its just a lack of discussion and planning.....this week was car part on Tuesday, his fuel Wednesday, my fuel Thursday and yesterday was food shopping at same supermarket where we have both been for fuel for the 2 days previous and same town where car part was bought!.  Doh!   :s
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback