New Post Advanced Search

Plusnet Billing Crisis

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
37 replies 5K views
NearlydanNearlydan Forumite
1 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
Myself and many other Plusnet customers have simply stopped receiving bills. After taking this up with Plusnet, they are extremely apologetic but unable to offer any solutions or any idea how long it might take to resolve. As far as I can gather, following a system update in September the billing system has failed dramatically. Conversing with other customers on the Plusnet users forum I’ve discovered that many people haven’t received a bill for 4 or 5 months now. Payments are required to be made by Direct Debit so what is going to happen when customers start receiving demands on their accounts for a couple of hundred pounds or more? Many people are going to find themselves in financial difficulties. Suggesting they should put the money aside is all very well but that wasn’t part of the deal and what happens if you don’t have somewhere to put the money in the mean time? Many of us only have very simple bank accounts and only one place to hold our money. This is a ridiculous state of affairs and I get more annoyed every time I see Plusnet advertised on TV or indeed the other night when their latest “deal” was recommended by the namesake of this site.
Has anyone else experienced this problem? I’d really like to bring some pressure to bear upon TV and media outlets to warn people about the chaos that awaits them if they sign up with Plusnet!

Replies

• onomatopoeia99onomatopoeia99 Forumite
    6.4K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    So you haven't been invoiced, or the direct debits haven't been collected, or both?

If the direct debits haven't been collected then you still have the money and they are effectively giving you an interest free loan, so if they come back and ask for it all at once you'll be able to pay it. All you have to do is remember not to spend it in the meantime. You don't need anything more than a basic bank account for that.
    INTP, nerd, libertarian and scifi geek. Home is where my books are.

5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.
  • alanwsgalanwsg Forumite
    601 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    ✭✭
    I'm with Plusnet and it has indeed been chaos, I've only had minor problems that seem to have been fixed (DD taken twice, then refunded twice, then threatened with disconnection because I hadn't paid) but I see some people have had their line rental saver payment taken twice and are having trouble getting a refund - so that's around £200 gone bye bye.

It also takes 30+ mins to get through on the phone. The only way I've got a response online is to raise a billing ticked on their web site and then ask for it to be looked at on their forum. That has always got a result for me.

Raise a billing ticket here (you need to be logged-in first)
    https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=wizard&page=22236&wizard_id=38
  • TadleyBaggieTadleyBaggie Forumite
    3.8K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've had a couple of DD taken a few days later than normal but nothing else.
  • colb15colb15 Forumite
    47 posts
    10 Posts
    I'm looking to join plusnet from BT in the next month or so, looking for a 12 month contract and BT are quoting £41, whereas Plusnet have it available for £28. BT won't budge unfortunately so looks like I will need to move. Seems like billing issues and customer service with Plusnet is not great at the moment. Worrying for someone that's looking to move to them.
  • BrowntoaBrowntoa Forumite, Board Guide
    47K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My mums with them , never any issues
    Links in my signature currently broken
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's , Boost your income and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to [email protected] Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • moleratmolerat Forumite
    23K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to my account my next bill is due 4th Jan ! They have switched off the billing machine for many customers, but not all it seems, until they can get it to issue correct bills. On the plus side they keep apologising for my messed up bills and giving me money ;)
  • edited 19 January 2019 at 2:04PM
    cajefcajef Forumite
    5.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 19 January 2019 at 2:04PM
    Something peculiar with their billing system, I receive my monthly email saying my new bill is ready to be viewed, however if I log in to the website and try to view the bill using I.E. all I get is a blank page yet if I use Microsoft Edge the bill appears, it has been like that since they changed to the new billing system.

Edit:- I notice several other posts on their forum also complaining of a blank page when attempting to access their bills, even after trying some different browsers.
    I used to have a handle on life, but it broke. :|
  • I would advise anyone with billing problems (or any other issue with PlusNet) to fill out the monitoring form on the Ofcom website. Hopefully if people do this Ofcom may launch an investigation into PlusNet. it took me 10 minutes and was good therapy!
  • edited 21 January 2019 at 8:19PM
    AnthornAnthorn Forumite
    4.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 21 January 2019 at 8:19PM
    It looks like Plusnet are doing a TSB with their new accounts and billing system. If it's affecting you there will be blank pages which are related to your account when you log in on their web site. i.e. after logging in try Billing or Manage Account and then view / edit account details. At this time Plusnet appear to be unable to confirm the errors let alone fix it. Been going on since September last year.

More info here:
    https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Cannot-view-bill-in-new-billing-system/td-p/1566790/page/7
  • Neil_JonesNeil_Jones Forumite
    4.1K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well I can see my bills, email notifications and so on and I don't have any issues.

This may be one of those things that only affects certain users. It certainly hasn't affected me.