Bank Locked Us In without consent False Imprisonment

Options

Comments

• emilianozapata
    Options
    Faith177 wrote: »
    You are using an incredibly rare example to spin a situation to your way of thinking the same as when people say about children ect

Not all sufferers of PTSD become violent so again another rather poor assumption on your part.

Seriously you were probably in there for all of 5 minutes if that in what I would imagine was a large open plan building with windows and plenty of light the way you are carrying on you make it sound like they had you in a gulag in Siberia for 20+ years. You are making up a lot of over dramatics over a VERY minor inconvience

You want to talk about being held against your will spare a thought for poor Jayme Closs who really was held against her will not just shut in a bank for a couple of minutes and I'm sure if anyone was suffering in the way you make out they could have been a quite word with the staff would have sufficed

In the 00's I rescued a female student during an attempt to kidnap and drive away. Thanks for your input, but they are becoming increasingly weird, irrelevant and confusing. I won't be responding further.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,389 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    There is a world of difference between inconvenience and imprisonment.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • emilianozapata
    Options
    unforeseen wrote: »
    you really don't have a clue about PTSD and how it affects veterans if that is what you think or believe.

Yes I actually have a lot of both personal and literary experience. You clearly are interpreting my comments inappropriately, in a trolling fashion. Thanks for the input, I wont be responding further.
  • Sea_Shell
    Sea_Shell Posts: 9,399 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    And still they keep responding!!!:rotfl::rotfl:
    How's it going, AKA, Nutwatch? - 12 month spends to date = 2.31% of current retirement "pot" (as at end March 2024)
  • mgdavid
    mgdavid Posts: 6,705 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    .......... I won't be responding further.

You've said that four times now, but continue to respond. I suppose as much a hollow threat as taking this to court.
    BTW - how long were you locked in for?
    The questions that get the best answers are the questions that give most detail....
  • BoGoF
    BoGoF Posts: 7,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks for the input, I wont be responding further.

If only.....
  • emilianozapata
    Options
    BoGoF wrote: »
    If this ever gets to court (which it wont), please tell us where it is......would love to see you laughed out of court.

I can see from the forum log where it describes you as Current Activity: Viewing Thread Toilet bought from B&Q

that your legal advice should be carefully heeded.

Thanks for the input, I'll not be responding further.
  • Faith177
    Faith177 Posts: 2,927 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    In the 00's I rescued a female student during an attempt to kidnap and drive away. Thanks for your input, but they are becoming increasingly weird, irrelevant and confusing. I won't be responding further.

Of course you did sweetie **pats head**

Not being funny but the ONLY person who is being increasingly weird, irrelevant and confusing is you OP
    First Date 08/11/2008, Moved In Together 01/06/2009, Engaged 01/01/10, Wedding Day 27/04/2013, Baby Moshie due 29/06/2019 :T
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,034 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 14 January 2019 at 7:37PM
    Options
    Blimey! :eek:

Weirdest post I have read here and that includes the dead dog one which was at least hilarious. EDIT to say thanks to GM for this:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2636903

Definitely now in the wrong forum.

I was stuck in a traffic queue the other week as there had been a fatal crash ahead. Couldn't go forward, couldn't go back... was I being unlawfully confined? Who do I sue? :rotfl::rotfl:
  • emilianozapata
    Options
    Presumably the bank staff would simply be acting according to company policy and their training?

From my initial contacts with the customer support helpdesk, and their stunned silence/initial shock, I'm not so sure.

I stated in this now rather long and somewhat depressing (from a civil rights perspective) thread that previously I've experienced a staged lock out, where staff let people out and not in, 'shut' the bank, do the maintenance and reopen. This would appear from what people I have spoken to have also experienced as 'good practice' in anywhere where a cash matter had to be concluded.

It appears to me that on that day, the manager was short-cutting policy for their own convenience. I would assert this was reckless.
    Without going into detail, a member of the public might also expect only one consistent official version of why this was being done in such a circumstance.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure