Cheapest and easiest TV for elderly

2»

Comments

• brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,507 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Wouldn't the cheapest option be, to get an independent satellite fitter to renew the cable (just run a new cable round the walls rather than over the roof.)
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,088 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    As above. Then she can get all the Freesat from Sky channels (not Freesat) using the existing Sky box.
    No need for an aerial.
    PS: if you had asked Sky to do the repair before cancelling the sub, they would have done so without a call-out fee. You just say that you 'can't afford the call out fee so please cancel the sub.' Hey presto, a free call out will then be offered..
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,154 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    The only downside of Freesat from Sky being lack of recording capability - which may or may not be an issue for the OP.
  • How much would that cost?
    I am pretty sure it does have one, but it was before the signals all changed and maybe is not pointed in the right direction. I am too far away to do it myself

Presuming the aerial hasn't been moved then it's highly likely it will still be pointed in the right direction (if it was in the first place of course).

If they've got an aerial lead plugged in then tell them to plug it out and use the TV's settings to scan for all channels, this will clear the stored channels. Then plug it back in and scan again.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure