Life is a minestrone as the song says - my new diary

Options

Comments

• teapot2
    teapot2 Posts: 3,266 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have strawberry envy @greent as this was my haul yesterday - I have loads more to come but still all green.  They were delicious though :)
  • teapot2
    edited 17 June 2021 at 11:00AM
    Options
    Not much to report, the weather has settled down and the wind has died away thank goodness but the poor flowers have really taken a battering.  Am about to walk to @sda for a few veg bits as they substituted some of my online shop for items that were more than double the price so I just handed them back.  Am not working till later this afternoon so should manage a bit of garden pottering when I come back.

Prolific is a few pence short of £30 so hoping for a survey there today as well otherwise all quiet on the money front apart from needing to chase the Spanish Bank where I have my business account.  They added some text on to the name of the account which didn't make sense and also meant my account name isn't recognised when people try to make payments directly into it.  Anyhoo I got them to change it back but thats caused all sorts of cards and paying in books to be reissued and a card hasn't arrived so will need to contact them.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Argh, admin caused by the bank itself - that's irritating, no two ways about it.  Hope you can get it sorted.  And as for asda, I've managed to find the "no substitutes" box.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    What a pain with the bank - and seemingly for absolutely no reason :(

Bored of strawberry 🍓 picking here.... just too many! 😆
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,498 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Strawberries look lush  :grin:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • teapot2
    edited 20 June 2021 at 10:57PM
    Options
    Hope I have managed to sort out the business bank account faff, I eventually spoke to someone after listening to the usual interminable messages whilst waiting.  My concern was that the letter they sent me referred to 'the card' being reissued and the old one being deactivated after a couple of weeks.  I did get sent a new cash deposit card [well 2 for some reason] but no new debit card which was what was concerning me.  I did point out the vagueness of referring to 'the card' but apparently the debit one is not reissued even though everything else is so fingers crossed she is right.  As I was on a roll with phone calls, I booked a haircut and my first annual MOT at the GP :)

Had a sudden decluttering urge on Friday and managed to fill 3 bags for life with books, I did check them on a book buying site but very few were being accepted, still am almost up to the £5 minimum on there so will eventually be able to send those off as I have more lurking for decluttering.  I donated them to the local litter picking group who sell them for funds and they were collected today so that was pleasing.  Also put a couple of things on the local free site and they have gone too.

Yesterday afternoon I walked round to family with a curry I'd made which we all had for tea after watching a film, its like being at the cinema round there! They have a mahoosive TV and a sound bar - think my wee TV screen is about 1/6 of the size.  The oldest tiny human is not impressed when they are at mine and watch my TV 🤣.

Got a lift to garden centre this morning with family, was hoping to get more compost but they had no peat free left - I guess thats good in that more people must be buying it.  Got some bird seed and a toy for new-to-me cat which he loves, its in the shape of a fish with cat nip inside.  The packaging helpfully stated 'not for consumption' - thank goodness for the warning, was about to fry it up for lunch :).  Pottered in the garden this afternoon and got a few thing planted out, staked out or chopped up.  Earthed up the tatties and potted on the courgettes.  I put them outside this morning and am swithering about bringing them in to the kitchen tonight as its gone cold.  I'm sitting with my big cardigan on and zipped up, had to go round and check if there was a window open as it feels chilly.

Think I might pop the plants inside overnight, been raining here as well, it got quite dark by about 9 which is not great on the evening before the longest day!  Oh yes and 5 more strawberries picked!

• badmemory
    badmemory Posts: 7,842 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I had to laugh at the "not for consumption" thing.  It reminded me of the washing product ad that warns you not to let children eat it.  I mean is anyone actually daft enough to let a child eat any sort of cleaning product.
  • teapot2
    Options
    badmemory said:
    I had to laugh at the "not for consumption" thing.  It reminded me of the washing product ad that warns you not to let children eat it.  I mean is anyone actually daft enough to let a child eat any sort of cleaning product.
    Or the bags of nuts that proclaim 'this product contains nuts' ......doh
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,498 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Miss S has one of those toys  :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • teapot2
    Options
    beanielou said:
    Miss S has one of those toys  :)
    Its getting lots of action here :smiley:

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income