Forum Home» Mortgage-Free Wannabe

Life is a minestrone as the song says - my new diary - Page 103

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Life is a minestrone as the song says - my new diary

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Mortgage-Free Wannabe
1K replies 54K views

Replies

• greentgreent Forumite
    9.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good to hear the update - sounds like you've been very busy with all the foraged stuff :) Second CR's post above x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    BTL Mtge 12/16 £69786 12/19 £48986 2020 OPs (#18) £9.8K/6K
    Net sales 2020 £731.17/£500 Decluttering: 2525/2500
  • beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    73.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear about the meds.
    Hope job process goes well .
    Take care & keep plodding xx
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **
    MFW. 9 months to go. B)
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
  • KarmacatKarmacat Forumite
    34.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thirded/fourthed :) I'm still in the "clearing up" stage, otherwise I'd definitely be doing some foraging too :)
    Downsized and paid off mortgage 2010
    Retired August 2016
    Paid off French mortgage September 2018
    New kitchen fully installed June 2019
  • teapot2teapot2 Forumite
    2.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone for good wishes re job application.  Sounds like its going to be quite a long drawn out process so won't hear much for a few weeks from what I gather.
  • edited 12 October at 8:21AM
    teapot2teapot2 Forumite
    2.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 12 October at 8:21AM
    Was a bit more active today after a lazy Saturday, had a good online catch up with friends down south this morning.  Have tidied round and done a bit of cleaning as well.  In the afternoon I walked up to the smaller coop supermarket and did a top up shop as bubble family coming for lunch tomorrow [am only working in the morning] and I'd also run out of fruit.  On the way home I collected some berries to try making elderberry vinegar.  I've stripped them off the stems and started the process but will need to get a few more berries as I didn't pick quite enough.  Its not far so will try and do that tomorrow, Its not something I've made before so an experiment.
    I had a wee Prolific survey today having missed out on a few and am up at £8 on there.  I did quite well there over the last few weeks and was able to cash out just over £75.  I also got paid £25 from 1poll and should be up to £10 again this week.
    I did have a Pinecone invite last week but was screened out as I don't have a working dishwasher [it went bang :(]
    Apart from tomorrow next week is busy with work again but will hope to get back here at some point.  Hope everyone stays safe and has a good week x

• Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
    2.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Had a bit of a wobble with all the restrictions and thoughts of the coming winter so didn't get back to posting.  Feeling a bit better again now though still think its going to be hard.  I wonder which tier we'll be placed in when they come into play up here.  We're in the strictest category at the moment as we're lumped in with other counties that have much higher numbers than us.  
    On Monday I saw some family that I've not seen since Boxing Day very briefly as they were passing through town.  Was also the oldest tiny human's birthday this week and as we can't all get together it was spread out over 3 days - not that they were complaining lol.  We had the afternoon at a play park as it was dry and sunny then back to my house for some cup cakes I'd made and present opening [my bubble family so allowed in],  they loved their pressie which I'd bought with the last of my JL vouchers, at the same time I bought a pressie for the other TH as its their b'day next month.  
    Have almost finished all my foraging projects, made some elderberry vinegar this week, and the rosehip syrup will need straining in the next few days as the last thing to be done.  
    Did a washing today and must remember to remake my bed as I have a habit of forgetting then discovering my mistake when I'm too tired to be bothered 🤭.  I also listed a few items on a local free site and a couple have been collected already and more to go tomorrow hopefully.  Been meaning to do that for ages so pleased I've made a start, hopefully on a roll with it.
    My business account balance has built up, I normally transfer money out as it doesn't get interest there but not much point at the moment as the interest rates are so poor.  I don't want to lock money away as not sure what the future holds workwise or how long I want to continue working once I get my State Pension next year.  
    I've had a few Prolific surveys recently so up to £31 there when they are all paid up.  1poll is up to £14 again and I had a Ugov one in the week but still a long way from payout there.
    Next week is a bit quieter workwise so have 2 days 'off' which am pleased about as its been full on the last few weeks.  If the weather is reasonable hope to get some tidying up done in the garden.
  • beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    73.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, things are tough & the darker mornings & nights dont help.
    Keep plodding  :)
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **
    MFW. 9 months to go. B)
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
  • KarmacatKarmacat Forumite
    34.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear you've been wobbling, teapot - for sure, though, you have good cause.  I'm in thte lowest English tier, and its still unpleasant. 
    Loving the sound of elderberry vinegar though, that sounds wonderful.  There are still bright spots.
    Downsized and paid off mortgage 2010
    Retired August 2016
    Paid off French mortgage September 2018
    New kitchen fully installed June 2019
    2.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Karmacat said:
    Sorry to hear you've been wobbling, teapot - for sure, though, you have good cause.  I'm in thte lowest English tier, and its still unpleasant. 
    Loving the sound of elderberry vinegar though, that sounds wonderful.  There are still bright spots.
    Agree re bright spots - just need to keep an eye out for them 🌇
    2.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tiny humans came guising at the weekend - I'd invited them as I'll be the only house they can visit.  So a pumpkin and a skeleton came calling - very cute.  I had some bags with downloaded pictures of their favourite things stuck on the front and lots of different sweets inside.  Several jokes were half remembered but I think the sweets were the main point of interest.  Am quite tired this week as did an online conference at the weekend and work is busy.  Went out yesterday to post 2 online sales and get a bit of top up shopping.  Wasn't very successful as bananas were very unripe and I already have some of those at home and the shop had sold out of Perlite - should have bought some when I saw they had it a couple of weeks ago doh.  Was hoping to try and take some cuttings to propagate plants before the frost comes and save some money next year on plants.
    Am getting a bit behind with preserving - still haven't strained the rosehip syrup and was going to roast the pointy peppers I grew and put them in oil so need to do that soonish.  
    Have transferred money into CA to cover the DDs and managed a bit of C word shopping.  Some local and a bit online, have agreed with friends that we won't get each other any wee presents which is a relief.  Am planning to pay off my HS bee cee CC this month, so that will leave 2 cards on 0% to pay off.  Prolific is at £13 and just over £17 on 1poll.
    Wondering if we'll go into lockdown up here, we're still in Tier 3 restrictions so waiting to see whats been decided next week.