My savings log..."The next chapter"

Comments

• Evening all,
    Just an update as it is now end of January. I had some interest come in plus realised since I have gone to sim only last month, the last payment covers this month and a bit of next month as I am still in credit with my old contract. Just wish my provider had informed me at the time, as I got slightly worried why they had not taken my DD out.

I have my final sum for my savings for this month.
    Total =£1023.73
    This is loads more than I had ever thought I could had saved. I am aware next months pay will reflect my true salary but looking forward to my pay rise in March.
    Since I had started to talk to those with little ones at work. They are pointing out the long term cost of having a family whilst doing shifts. I must say it is starting to worry me, but not putting me off.

I have to agree savingwannabe, I have been loving the NSDs as they force me to plan the week, so I know what I actually need.

Bye for now,
    Sylvia
    Must save to live, not just live to save!!! :think:
    Challenge Save 12k in 2019 #141 £6,143.34/£6k
    Deposit £82,317.88/£120K :jFees/ect £12K/£12K:jEmergency fund £1K/£1K
    :A
    :A'Saving again after parting with a lot of money enjoying life:rotfl::A
  • Hello everyone,
    I was paid last week, but been busy with work. As I had predict, my salary was basic pay. Since I have been completing NSD and making all meals for work as well as at home, I have seen a massive reduction on my outgoings for the last 2 months.
    I managed to work 2 of my days off for overtime, so hopefully will see that in my next pay with all the overtime I worked last month.

Here are my February savings

Deposit Fund = £200
    Total=£81,870.11

Family Fund = £642.20
    Total = £1,442.20

Wardrobe Fund = £50
    Total =£200

Car Fund = £66.67
    Total = £553.34.

As you can tell, I am changing my saving goal for now and saving towards the family fund. Aiming to save between £10k-£12k for my bills and food towards whilst off, as I am aware I wont be getting paid for most of the time I am wanting to be off for.

Bye for now,
    Sylvia
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Hurrah for your savings!!! Well done on planning ahead.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Sylvia1982
    Sylvia1982 Posts: 193 Forumite
    Hello everyone,
    Sorry for not being on here for a while. Just returned back to work after having some time off work. Managed to spend time with friends and family, which has been lovely.

Here are my March savings

Deposit Fund = £0
    Total=£81,870.11

Family Fund = £1108.81
    Total = £2,560.55

Wardrobe Fund = £50
    Total =£250

Car Fund = £66.67
    Total = £620.01

I had a few spends on items I needed for work. Thankfully most of my overtime came in my last pay, hence the high savings.
    I'm really happy how I have knuckled down these last 3 months. Finally used up most of those cosmetic items us girlies tend to buy various brands and never finish the product before buying another :o
    I better say no more and leave it there :rotfl:

Bye for now,
    Sylvia
  • savingwannabe
    Forumite
    Hello Sylvia your savings are looking great as usual. Well done.

It is good to use up old make up and perfume etc I am trying not to order anything now as I am finishing off mine too. I try to be careful but my make up drawer is overflowing with rubbish.
  • Sylvia1982
    Hello Sylvia your savings are looking great as usual. Well done.

It is good to use up old make up and perfume etc I am trying not to order anything now as I am finishing off mine too. I try to be careful but my make up drawer is overflowing with rubbish.

Thanks savingwannabe :o
    Its amazing what you find once you finally go through it. I couldn't believe the number of duplicates or products I had or just didn't like lurking at the bottom of my draws.

Been reorganising my wardrobe on my days off and feeling loads better for it.
    Hope you all are doing well

Bye for now, Sylvia
  • I don't wear makeup so don't have many duplicates of those hanging around, but recently decided to start using up all the "fancy" wash stuff that I've been gifted over the years. I've always felt that they're too nice to use for everyday but I must have enough to keep us going until next Christmas I reckon!!!

I keep intending to attack my wardrobe, but I've put on a bit of weight completing my PhD (guess that's what surviving on zero sleep, washed down with endless cups of coffee and bars of chocolate will do to you) and the thought of rediscovering just how much of my wardrobe I can't currently fit into is rather depressing.....
    MFW2023 challenge #99: £1090.11 / £1,000 MFiT-T6 (Jan 2022 - Jan 2025) challenge #99: Reduce mortgage to £400,000. Current balance = £413,551.19 Initial MF date (23rd Aug 2022): Sep 2051 Current MF date: Jul 2051 Last updated: 15/06/2023
  • Sylvia1982
    I don't wear makeup so don't have many duplicates of those hanging around, but recently decided to start using up all the "fancy" wash stuff that I've been gifted over the years. I've always felt that they're too nice to use for everyday but I must have enough to keep us going until next Christmas I reckon!!!

I keep intending to attack my wardrobe, but I've put on a bit of weight completing my PhD (guess that's what surviving on zero sleep, washed down with endless cups of coffee and bars of chocolate will do to you) and the thought of rediscovering just how much of my wardrobe I can't currently fit into is rather depressing.....

Well done on completing your PhD pinknsparkly. At least you have a lovely stash of toiletries put aside. Don't worry about the rest, it will all sort out.

Well, I have been working more extra days for overtime, hence why i'm feeling rather tired on my days off. Might have to soon ease off on the amount I am doing, but in the mean time I can see a lot of progress in what I have been doing.

Currently waiting to find out whether my LL will be increasing my rent as of next month. Really do hope , if it does unfortunately go up, it does not go up by much.

Here are my April savings

Deposit Fund = £447.77 (interest from existing savings)
    Total=£82.317.88

Family Fund = £.854.54
    Total = £3,415.09

Wardrobe Fund = £0
    Total =£250

Car Fund = £66.67
    Total = £687.68

Bye for now,
    Sylvia
  • savingwannabe
    Forumite
    Hurrah for your interest that is great. Makes you realise how much you can earn when you have saved a larger amount.

I do hope the landlord doesn't put up the rent by too much. Have a good month.
  • pinknsparkly
    pinknsparkly Posts: 542
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Those are some fab April savings Sylvia! I'll keep everything crossed for you that the rent doesn't increase by much (has he given you any indication either way or is it complete guesswork??).

Do make sure you take care of yourself, especially make time for yourself on your days off if you're going to carry on doing so much overtime (and don't feel bad if you decide to cut back on it!)
    MFW2023 challenge #99: £1090.11 / £1,000 MFiT-T6 (Jan 2022 - Jan 2025) challenge #99: Reduce mortgage to £400,000. Current balance = £413,551.19 Initial MF date (23rd Aug 2022): Sep 2051 Current MF date: Jul 2051 Last updated: 15/06/2023
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure