£150 switch incentive from NatWest (2019)

Options

Comments

• TREVORCOLMAN
    TREVORCOLMAN Posts: 1,001 Forumite
    Options
    Can I switch from Nat West to RBS and still receive the incentives?
    I am NOT a mortgage & insurance adviser - or anything to do with finance, that was put on by the new system I dont know why?!
  • NoodleDoodleMan
    Options
    I've just opened an account with Lloyds, I can just chuck in £1500 into that account, Natwest will move it into their own account (does that class as £1500 paid in?), and as long as I log in online I will be eligible for the cash?
    You can achieve the £1500 pay in condition by any combination of funds credited to the account from any source(s).

Mind, to get both parts of the full reward you have to make the first debit card use a purchase transaction by Chip and Pin and use it at least once monthly for purchases - ATM withdrawals do not count.
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    You can achieve the £1500 pay in condition by any combination of funds credited to the account from any source(s).

Mind, to get both parts of the full reward you have to make the first debit card use a purchase transaction by Chip and Pin and use it at least once monthly for purchases - ATM withdrawals do not count.
    Can you advise where it is stated that ATM withdrawals do not count?

Thanks.
  • NoodleDoodleMan
    Options
    A call to Nat West confirmed this.
    Can I switch from Nat West to RBS and still receive the incentives?
    • You won’t be eligible for this offer if you’ve already taken advantage of a cash offer from NatWest and/or The Royal Bank of Scotland plc (‘RBS’) between October 2017 and March 2019 for (i) opening a new current account and switching to RBS/NatWest or (ii) upgrading your existing RBS/NatWest current account. • Joint accounts will only be eligible for one payment. • You can only benefit from this offer once and we can withdraw it at any time
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    RG2015 wrote: »
    This is interesting. The Ts & Cs just say before 1st June 2020 use your debit card once a month.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,236 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options

Thanks.
    This is interesting. The Ts & Cs just say before 1st June 2020 use your debit card once a month.

I agree, there is nothing in the switch T&Cs defining 'use' in relation to the debit card, and no reference to purchase/bill payment.

It wouldn't be the first time bank staff had made up their own version of T&Cs, but why take the risk?:cool:
  • Fingerbobs
    Fingerbobs Posts: 1,648 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    badger09 wrote: »
    I agree, there is nothing in the switch T&Cs defining 'use' in relation to the debit card, and no reference to purchase/bill payment.

It wouldn't be the first time bank staff had made up their own version of T&Cs, but why take the risk?:cool:
    Would it count if you used your Debit Card to scratch your left ear?
  • dcs34
    dcs34 Posts: 537 Forumite
    Options
    dcs34 wrote: »
    My turn to ask a question!

Was expecting my £150 to come through yesterday (19th) but still haven't received it. I appreciate with the Bank Holiday weekend NatWest's payment schedule might be somewhat out of sync. Looking back through my records though I can't find anything from NatWest that acknowledges I met all the conditions of the switch, so for those that have received their money, did NatWest ever send you an email confirming you'd met the condition for payment?

If I don't get anything by the end of next week I might call up and see if I'd be eligible for the new £175 one instead :dance:
    Found my answer! Despite my account appearing online as a "Select Current" (and in all my paperwork), because I'd switched it from a gradate account a while back something within their system flagged it as a graduate account and hence not eligible for the £150 switch offer. Lady on the phone also implied I wouldn't be approved for the £175 one as even if she corrected the error internally it'd still show up as a switch to a Select Account after the 8th April cut-off date. She advised me to raise a separate complaint as I should have been eligible for the offer since as far as I was aware I had a Select Current account...will see what happens now! :sad::mad::doh:
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,236 Forumite
    Options
    Fingerbobs wrote: »
    Would it count if you used your Debit Card to scratch your left ear?

In the absence of any appropriate emoji, I'm taking your question at face value.

Clearly, using your debit card to scratch your left (or right) ear (or any other part of your anatomy:cool:) is not one of the uses for which said card was intended. Withdrawing cash from an ATM, however, is;)
  • Fingerbobs
    Fingerbobs Posts: 1,648 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    badger09 wrote: »
    In the absence of any appropriate emoji, I'm taking your question at face value.

Clearly, using your debit card to scratch your left (or right) ear (or any other part of your anatomy:cool:) is not one of the uses for which said card was intended. Withdrawing cash from an ATM, however, is;)

Ah, thank you for clarifying, and apologies for omitting the suitable emoji in my earlier post. For some reason, they don't come up when I click them on my work computer, so I'll have to do it old-school -- ;-)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure