PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Daily Sunday 30th December

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.
Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...

Comments

• -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,494 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Morning all, can it be you are all in bed and asleep? I hope so! Mind you, by the time I've written this I anticipare a good few posts will have already been made.
    No time to post yesterday, we were up and out quite early [for me]. Usually I'm rubbish in the morning, takes ages to 'come to'. So we went shopping yesterday and I bought a jumper and a dress type thing, probably spent too long out, there was a bit of pain when we got back.
    Today I have to think of somewhere new for them to go so am going to suggest Marlborough, there's a nice farm shop on the way too.
    Shower time in a bit, still have dressings, so will still be a bit of a trial. I'm looking forward to actually having one again where I don't have to worry about picc lines or dressings, it's the stupidly simple things like that that I miss doing.
    Anyway, hope you're all doing OK, I can sense the New Year determination happening lie a rash, hope you all stick to your guns :)
    Have a good Sunday if you can!
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Morning :santa2:
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]That booklet looks interesting WeeMidgie Thanks for the link x[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]maddiemay Yes Scamp thinks he should be included, lol. I put a bit of turkey and ham in his bowl next to my chair in the lounge, he thought it was wonderful that he was eating with us :D[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Hello Happy One :coffee: :D[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I've raked most of the chicken run (need to move a heavy shelter to do the rest) and cleaned out the nesting boxes. I've started to spread the leylandii bits in the run, there's loads to move so I'm just taking a bag down each time I let the girls out and put them away, rather than trying to shift it all at once. Added bonus – I found out yesterday that cats don't like leylandii, so the one that keeps visiting the chicken run will hopefully stay away and stop winding Scampi up :D[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]No need to go out today, mr tru bought plenty of milk, bread and fruit on his way home from work yesterday. I've been pottering about downstairs this morning, tidying and cleaning in between coffees and reading on here. I'll go and let the girls out in a mo, and install some more flooring in their run while I'm at it :D Not sure what I'm doing today – I'm aiming for nothing, lol.[/FONT]

:rudolf:
    Bulletproof
  • Morning folks and thanks TAFF. I was up stupidly early as is the norm these days. I have forgotten what a good sleep is.

I have the bedding in to wash, just on its last spin. It will be draped upstairs as usual, it's a waste of time pegging out and bringing it back in as damp as when went out.

I think I will take down the meagre selection of Christmas decs I put out and then have a good dust and vac round. My days of climbing a ladder up to the loft with a heavy box are behind me so that will need to wait for DS popping in. He said he may call tomorrow.

I am another who needs to join the fat lady brigade. I was already doing too much comfort eating before I started on all the Christmas goodies. I don't need to get on the scales to confirm I have piled the pounds on.

I enjoyed my bus jaunt to Ilkley yesterday. I almost succumbed to a top in the Laura Ashley sale but I decided it was the good saving I liked more than the actual top itself, so it went back on the rail. Nothing caught my eye in the cs. And still no black pants/jeans which is all I am really needing. So all I came home with were some onions and eggs which is all I am running low on!

Have a good day folks if you can and ((HUGS)) as always for all who want them. In particular HOLLY, POPPY and TAFF. Take care all xxx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,636 Forumite
    edited 30 December 2018 at 10:29AM
    Morning all and thanks for the start Taff.

A slightly better night for me, think I have a bit of a bladder infection so have been drinking lots of water so at least when I run to the loo there is something to do, sorry if tmi. It’s not as painful as it was but will see how I am tomorrow as to whether I need a docs appt for antibiotics.
    Not much planned for today, will do a chicken and mushroom pie for lunch as I have some RM puff pastry that needs using up but think that will be my most strenuous part of the day, feel pretty wiped out tbh.
    Haven’t see a post from Organza Lace for a few days, hope she is ok?
    Thinking of Holly, Poppy and all poorlies, take care folks and have a good day x
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,985 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Good morning, thank you for the new diary taff, I hope that you can get an uneventful shower, I visited Marlborough a few times when I lived in Dorset, many lovely towns and villages in Wiltshire.

So pleased that Scamp enjoyed his party time tru , madam here has loved undoing the wrapping paper on her two gifts, but she thinks that she should open everyone's parcels:rotfl:

TA isn't it always the way that when we need a particular item it is nowhere to be found, and as soon as we have settled on something, sometimes making a bit of a compromise the wanted trousers/coat/top etc pop up everywhere:(

OH is off cycling and meeting up with the group for coffee at a venue that I sometimes join them at, not sure if I can be bothered today, think the dog and I will just have some girl time and I can play some lively music to keep me going. Want to make a turkey and ham pie and perhaps some GF cheese scones and I have a fancy for making some spicy nuts. I also would like to stock take my store cupboard. We live in the sticks with just a small T's and an A*di, there is a chance of a visit to the metropolis on Wednesay and I have a voucher for 12p off litre of fuel with a £40 spend. Only need a little veg and salad, but good opportunity to add to the Winter/illness stores. I feel a list coming on.

Have a good day, gentle hugs to taff, Holly, Poppy and all who are poorly, worried or just plain fed up.
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,760 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Good morning all,

I've settled into a routine for this coming week of house jobs in the mornings and suiting myself in the afternoons. Suiting myself is either knitting, crochet or playing World of Warcraft. I am sticking to healthy eating and I'm an alcohol free zone so hopefully I'll lose some of the 5.5 lbs this week that I put on last week. I might make myself a salad bar today - I chop stuff into little tubs so I can add a bit of everything to my meals....beetroot, onions, pineapple, sweetcorn...like the salad bar in Morrisons but cheaper and healthier.

I've taken all of my crafting stuff out of the wardrobe in the spare room (where I hid it so the spare room looked tidy). That means the tree and decs can go back in today. The visitors that I'm likely to have the rest of the year are the kind that like a rummage through the stash because most of my friends are "makey" people.

TA I put on three stone the year following MrC going to the big grey ship in the sky (he was a sailor). Every other widow that I met lost weight....There are charity shops in Liverpool - you just need to know the place to find them. Liverpool One is not that place.

Nannyw I hope you feel a little better today.

Maddie your baking day sounds yummy.

Lainey a spoonful of bicarb in every glass of water really helps. My doc says that makes the water exactly the same as over the counter medication which is way more expensive.

taff I had a good few months of trying to bathe/shower whilst taking into account a large open leg wound. Not as serious as yours but I know what an absolute faff it is. Fingers crossed for you becoming a sealed unit sooner rather than later.

Take care all of you :)
  • WeeMidgie
    WeeMidgie Posts: 469 Forumite
    edited 30 December 2018 at 10:15AM
    Good morning everyone, last Sunday of the year, and we're going to do the Sunday stroll at a dam set in a most beautiful landscape. A good way to round off the strolling year.

I'll be converting carrots into soup and catching up with laundry. I've some reduced diced turkey to make a casserole later on.

Tru, that's a great use of the leylandii cuttings. Specially if it does keep the cat away. Double win.

Taff, sending hugs, gentle ones. Recovery from surgery is tiring at the best of times. I admire your fortitude, but please heed the signals to rest. The new togs sound good, though and I'm sure you enjoyed a bit of 'normality'.

TA, like you I had a browse around the shops - when I went to collect the trousers which were a swap for a Christmas gift. The trousers came home, but that was it. Very happy with a recent find in a charity shop, an East tunic, new condition, for a couple of quid. In my current state pension-less hiatus, that fit the budget much better!

Thinking of the other poorlies especially Holly and Polly. I hope everyone has the best Sunday possible. xxx
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,494 Forumite
    edited 30 December 2018 at 10:21AM
    CRANKY40 wrote: »
    taff ... Fingers crossed for you becoming a sealed unit sooner rather than later.

that really made me laugh out loud.

I did a first aid course once with someone who referred to bleeding as leaking, ever since then, that's how I refer it, it just sounds so much better :)
    and I am duly chastened WeeMidgie, must try harder!! Enjoy your stroll :)

And hope Poppy and Holly are doing OK.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,636 Forumite
    Thanks Cranky, will give that a go :)
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Morning all:j
    Yipeeeee I actually slept properly last night, for the first time in ages, n feel like a new woman today :D
    Zeus was yodelling for a wee at 8am , so got up n had tea n toast with the Furnutters:D Has to be white bread, lurpak n Yorkshire tea though , or he sulks:rotfl: They both hate brown toast :D
    Am having a pampering day today , need to dye my hair, n do my nails .Then It's church tonight, with a coffee n a goss after .We always have a good chat :D
    I can also vouch for the fact, that bicarb in water gets rid of cystitis , and indigestion :eek:
    Right best get going.Huggles to all the poorlies n peed offs today :A
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills