We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Swagbucking into 2019... Nearly ;)

1…168169171173174…293

Comments

  • Scarlett wrote: »
    I have been getting the £10 Mastercard (as it's "on sale") and then using it to pay a money request from my Paypal account to convert it into cash. I've been doing this for a while, but now it doesn't seem to work any more - Paypal says they're having trouble processing it. Is anyone else who does this having a similar problem?

    Just worked for me
  • mikep22
    mikep22 Posts: 1,555 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    I had this once about a month ago and I found that just retrying it a few times straight away and then i tried a few minutes later and eventually it went through.
    This time it's not it wouldn't work yesterday or today. Paypal screen says there seems to be a problem, we're sorry we are not able to process your request.

    I've been doing the self invoice method but I read on fb gpt genies group that you can try another way. Ask a family member to put on their paypal account by adding a card details and then to send it to you. I haven't got around to asking hubby yet though

    How do you do this? I have a mastercard virtual card (from a different source) and I would very much like to send it to paypal. Ive linked it on paypal, but when I use one of my other email addresses to "request" - do I need a second paypal account? That seems like the type of thing that would get you in trouble?
  • bloomfelt
    bloomfelt Posts: 507 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    not sure if anybody can help but i thought i had a pop up about getting bonus sb if i shopped in june but I cant seem to find any reference to it now and didnt pay attention at the time to see if there was a minimum spend
    January NSD8/10
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    mikep22 wrote: »
    How do you do this? I have a mastercard virtual card (from a different source) and I would very much like to send it to paypal. Ive linked it on paypal, but when I use one of my other email addresses to "request" - do I need a second paypal account? That seems like the type of thing that would get you in trouble?

    You need two paypal accounts. Account One makes a request for a split bill of £x, Account Two pays the request using the prepaid virtual Mastercard.

    I have my Paypal account, and Mrs Antrobus has another. I'd imagine it would be possible for one person to set up two Paypal accounts; you'd just need a separate email address and linked bank account for account no 2. But I've no idea whether that breaks any Paypal T&Cs,
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 47,405 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    bloomfelt wrote: »
    not sure if anybody can help but i thought i had a pop up about getting bonus sb if i shopped in june but I cant seem to find any reference to it now and didnt pay attention at the time to see if there was a minimum spend

    Don't know about that one but the ones you get with Member Benefits have a $25 minimum spend (don't know if that has to be £25 or whatever the conversion of $25 is) - also when there was a 500 SB shop bonus on spin and win last Oct for a while a booking buddy search that paid 10 SB also paid the 500 SB shop bonus then they added the requirement for a $25 minimum on that as well.
  • vampire-girl
    vampire-girl Posts: 4,675 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    edited 25 June 2019 at 12:42AM
    mikep22 wrote: »
    How do you do this? I have a mastercard virtual card (from a different source) and I would very much like to send it to paypal. Ive linked it on paypal, but when I use one of my other email addresses to "request" - do I need a second paypal account? That seems like the type of thing that would get you in trouble?

    I've Pmd you I think the self invoice method might be easier, well if it works for you.
    I only have one paypal account, when I read on gpt they said only have your main bank details added to the main account
  • So I tried to earn some SB this morning,,,


    Watch - oops playlist got a away!
    Games - Not working for me
    OfferToro - No 1-Clicks
    Shopping - Booking Buddy has disappeared


    Great....
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 2,825 Forumite
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    instant 4sb but won't load
  • daffydog
    daffydog Posts: 317 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    So I tried to earn some SB this morning,,,


    Watch - oops playlist got a away!
    Games - Not working for me
    OfferToro - No 1-Clicks
    Shopping - Booking Buddy has disappeared


    Great....

    There is a repeating ncrave you could try. It auto runs so you don't have to nurse it.
  • maibe
    maibe Posts: 24 Forumite
    Also loving the repeating encrave.
    Bonus- my swago run game is finally working again. pathetically grateful for an easy 10 points!
    havent changed anything so no idea why or where it went?
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.