Charging £30 extra for seat on Wizz Air flight

Options
2»

Comments

• heatherw_01
    heatherw_01 Posts: 6,554 Ambassador
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    There were no non-£30 seats available. There were only two seats left on the flight when I went to check in, both of which were extra leg room plus the £30 extra charge. Even if I had not selected the £30 extra leg room seat, there were no other free seats available anywhere on this flight!

What we are all trying to explain is you don't select anything! You just continue check in and it will give you a seat.
    You had a free seat in your ticket, you didn't need to specific one unless you wanted to sit somewhere specific which costs you as you found out.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Quick Grabbit, Freebies, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning and the UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,335 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    What we are all trying to explain is you don't select anything! You just continue check in and it will give you a seat.
    You had a free seat in your ticket, you didn't need to specific one unless you wanted to sit somewhere specific which costs you as you found out.

Precisely what I did earlier this year when I used Wizz for the first time. They sent me lots of warning emails to encourage me to pay to reserve a seat. I ignored these, but was very careful to check in on-line. At that point I was given a seat reservation.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure