Unsuitable advice given by Yorkshire & Clydesdale Bank

Options
Hello
My husband and I have both received letters recently from the Yorkshire & Clydesdale Bank advising that they have undertaken a review of advice given to us some years ago (July 2012) in respect of a stocks & shares ISA and have determined that the advice given was unsuitable. As such they have offered a payment to us which they say they have based on comparing what we would have made interest wise if the same amount had been invested in a low risk account of a 1 year fixed rate bond.
We do not know whether to accept the offer as we don't know if its a good deal and is fair or otherwise. Does anyone have any advice on this that they could offer?

Thank you.

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,492 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    It is what it says it is. No haggling, no variations. It is a defined process they are carrying out.

Depending on dates, many of these review cases end up with little or nothing as investment returns have been higher. Some will pay out something though.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure