We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

What will you spend, Friday 9th November.

13

Comments

  • arthurdick
    arthurdick Posts: 3,751 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    afternoon campers, so far today iv spent £446, gonna av a few well deserved beers now, so it will be a few more quid by the end of today;)
    Corduroy pillows are making headlines! Back home in London now after 27years wait! Duvet know it's Christmas, not original, it's a cover.
  • A No Spend Day today.... how wonderful :D Been rushing about like a demented hen. Now I'm starving hungry and need to think about what to cook for tea...Old Style of course :rolleyes:

    PS. These posh new specs are really great.... like having two new eyeballs :p
    :)The £2 Coin Savers Club = £346.00 (£300.00 transferred to Savings a/c)

    :)"Some days you're a Pigeon...some days you're a Statue"
  • bobbadog
    bobbadog Posts: 1,606 Forumite
    £2.06 in Sainsburys (tonic water for gin, tuna pasta stuff, limes)
    £3.00 on 1 x birthday card and 1 x congratulations card (work - claim back)
    £3.60 on 1 x birthday card and 1 x anniversary card (for OH)
    £5.66 for me, technically

    Also spent £11 picking up some decorations for a friend from posh shop in town, but will get that back tomorrow when I see her, so won't count it x
  • mumzyof2
    mumzyof2 Posts: 3,343 Forumite
    I have spent
    4.50 on cigs
    6.46 on more cigs (for my oh)
    £10.36 in morrisons doing the while label shop challenge
    26.00 on nursery fee.
    1.00 on a piggy bank (one i cant open lol)

    so....im borke now lol
    Sealed Pot dec 08 - dec 09 so far £27.67, Live off £4k Spent £330.20 GC £1,200 for 2009 Spent £50.78 PaD so far £650.07
    Debts: L/woods £154.00 C/One PAID O/D £649.90 Next £299.95 O/D PAID Gas £72.60 Electric £155.73 Mum £640.00 Orange £490.32
  • Bagpuss741
    Bagpuss741 Posts: 2,291 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    I've spent £9.99 on a christmas tree that will fit on the shelf in my bedroom and 99p on refills for my razor in home bargains (after I paid £5.49 in Boots last week for the exact same ones :eek: :eek: :mad: )
    Tesco: £1361.19, Vanquis: £2644.73, Very: £563.08, Next: £1636.95, M&S: £1049.92. As of 5th February 2024. Slava Ukraini
  • poorbabe
    poorbabe Posts: 901 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Woohoo :T:T:j:j I didn't spend any more money today!!!

    Mind you, I tried to go to Surrey Quays from London Bridge by bus but ended up taking the wrong bus and going to New Cross :D:o Knew I should have taken the tube but that would have cost me money off my Oyster card :rolleyes:

    Still have go get a food flask so I can bring hot food to work, so I'll have to do that tomorrow.

    I'm feeling really chuffed with myself.

    Tomorrow will be a high spend day though _pale_
    The 365 Day 1p Challenge 2025. Member #42
  • £1.50 bus fare and that's it today.
    Bank Balance: In the black for the moment.
    Sainsburys Loan: Cleared July 2010
    Credit cards: AMEX Airmiles Card: direct debit set to clear balance monthly
  • mumzyof2
    mumzyof2 Posts: 3,343 Forumite
    How can i stop spending? I go out so the children dont get board as if we stay in they play up and we paint and colour too!! HELP
    Sealed Pot dec 08 - dec 09 so far £27.67, Live off £4k Spent £330.20 GC £1,200 for 2009 Spent £50.78 PaD so far £650.07
    Debts: L/woods £154.00 C/One PAID O/D £649.90 Next £299.95 O/D PAID Gas £72.60 Electric £155.73 Mum £640.00 Orange £490.32
  • savvykaz
    savvykaz Posts: 890 Forumite
    Hi everyone,

    DD and I did a bit of Xmas shopping tonight - bought 3for2 in Boots, so spent £16 on 3 pressies (1 for DH and 2 for DD's best friend)

    I then treated her to tea at pizza hut as she had wanted to go to a 14th birthday party sleepover, buy I don't like the girl, so had said "No" and was "soooo tight"

    Spent £33

    Weekly total = £95.60 (£100 budgeted)
    DMP starts June 2012, £38,180.

    Balance June 2015 £26,046 (paid off 32%)

    DMP mutual support thread no 434
  • rog2
    rog2 Posts: 11,650 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Hi everyone :hello: :hello: - Sorry I haven't been about much over the past couple of days. I have been working 11 - 12 hours a day, as we are preparing for the launch of the Home Shopping - it starts next Thursday and NOTHING is ready, so they have been sending me to another store, that already does home shopping, for my training/experience.
    The only up-side is that I will be getting paid and am spending virtually nothing :T

    It actually feels strange to be working in a food supermarket and not buying anything. :rotfl:
    I am NOT, nor do I profess to be, a Qualified Debt Adviser. I have made MANY mistakes and have OFTEN been the unwitting victim of the the shamefull tactics of the Financial Industry.
    If any of my experiences, or the knowledge that I have gained from those experiences, can help anyone who finds themselves in similar circumstances, then my experiences have not been in vain.

    HMRC Bankruptcy Statistic - 26th October 2006 - 23rd April 2007 BCSC Member No. 7

    DFW Nerd # 166 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.