We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

What will you spend, Friday 9th November.

24

Comments

  • sammiboo
    sammiboo Posts: 1,110 Forumite
    I am hoping for a NSD today, so second in a row.

    I have plenty of wine in, so thats my evening entertainment sorted. Was in two minds wether to call in at ASDA to get OH some the bottled cider they have to have with our chilli but i think we have a bottle left anyway :beer:
    March 2006 £15,200+ in debt April £843.64 in debt - Debt Free date Sept 2009
    Egg Credit Card - £843.64 5.7%
  • rb6ac
    rb6ac Posts: 611 Forumite
    Happy Friday everyone! It's so cold I'm tempted to go to Costa in my lunch break and buy a nice hot chocolate with marshmallows, but I wont because it's not an MSE thing to do! (And also, I've got Cadbury hot chocolate with me at work, that my nan bought me!)

    Today I will spend:
    £5 credit and
    70p on New magazine. It's my treat for the week, and it means I'm entertained on a Friday night instead of wishing I'd gone out! Will update if I spent any more...
  • free4440273
    free4440273 Posts: 38,438 Forumite
    Morning allgreet009.gif. Should be a NS Friday, but I haven't left the house yet :rolleyes:. Hope everyone has a really fantastic day :)

    So far £1.30 on the Financial Times :rotfl:. Sad, I know:rolleyes:
    BLOODBATH IN THE EVENING THEN? :shocked: OR PERHAPS THE AFTERNOON? OR THE MORNING? OH, FORGET THIS MALARKEY!

    THE KILLERS :cool:

    THE PUNISHER :dance: MATURE CHEDDAR ADDICT:cool:
  • caeler
    caeler Posts: 2,638 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic
    I've pretty much fallen off the NS wagon today!

    The day started by forgetting my lunch. so I knew I had to buy lunch, I went to Sainsburys and decided on a bagel with tomato & basil pasta which was £1.29 - great I was thinking then decided to buy some cake mix so I can make a cake for next weeks lunch, then more bagels for saturday breakfast.

    then I made the biggest mistake of all, I went into primark and they have all their jumpers out again, I brought a jumper (last one broke, 2 years use isn't bad), a t-shirt for my sister as a christmas present and a t-shirt for me.

    Will do better next week.

    (At least £4.00 is off the christmas budget!)
  • Hello everyone. After paying £214.03 to have my car serviced (first time in 4 years) it passed it's MoT this morning with flying colours. I'm still thinking of selling though. I know I'm not going to make very much but after the insurance and other costs it's not viable for a singleton to run a car in London. So today's spend has been £30 MoT, £4.63 in M&S for a big roll of wrapping paper, posh chocolate and lunch. Will be buying dinner with my best friend who's birthday it is today but that's budgeted for. Have a great weekend everyone.
  • Hello everyone.

    I have spent my usual £6.00 on train ticket & paper.

    Nothing else to spend today (came to work with just the £6 in my purse)

    Didn't update yesterday, so I will just mention that yesterday I spent my £6.00 plus £1.25 at my slimming class plus £2.70 at Morrisons on cheese, beans and a chocolate pudding (I know it's wrong to go to a slimming class and go home & eat a hot chocolate pud - but it was lovely :D )
    [STRIKE]
    DFW Nerd number 729
    [/STRIKE]
    Debt Free & Proud
  • Skint_Catt
    Skint_Catt Posts: 11,548 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    £3.60 on a comfort food lunch, but found £1.55 so not sooooo bad!

    Catt xx
  • Burlesque_Babe
    Burlesque_Babe Posts: 17,547 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Hoping for a third NSD. My bank balance isn't very healthy so I'm trying to be good.
    :D"Stay Wonky":D

    :j:jBecome Mrs Pepe 9 October 2012 :j:j
  • free4440273
    free4440273 Posts: 38,438 Forumite
    Originally Posted by free4440273 viewpost.gif
    Morning allgreet009.gif. Should be a NS Friday, but I haven't left the house yet :rolleyes:. Hope everyone has a really fantastic day :)

    So far £1.30 on the Financial Times :rotfl:. Sad, I know:rolleyes:

    Just knew it wouldn't last, had to pop out again: organic milk (two pints), yogurt, mineral water, 2nd class* stamps: damage £5.28. Hope everyone has a super-duper evening :)

    *because I am a 2nd class DFW:rotfl:
    BLOODBATH IN THE EVENING THEN? :shocked: OR PERHAPS THE AFTERNOON? OR THE MORNING? OH, FORGET THIS MALARKEY!

    THE KILLERS :cool:

    THE PUNISHER :dance: MATURE CHEDDAR ADDICT:cool:
  • nikflo
    nikflo Posts: 504 Forumite
    spent £13 on my bus pass and had to put £20 on my cc bill. so not great but just glad i kept away for the shops!
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.