Options
2»

Comments

• Doddie1
    Doddie1 Posts: 5 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 24 March 2019 at 9:20PM
    Options
    Where do i stand as a customer of Outfox the Market if they never supplied me with a copy of the terms and conditions i signed up under?

I mean, it's impossible to tell if i'm happy with any changes they make if i don't have a reference point to compare the changes with, the welcome pack nor any of the emails i recieved on opening my account contained a contract or copy of my applicable terms and conditions.

Fwiw, Whack January 18 month fixed tariff until October 2019, the OTM website gives me no historical access to my original 'contract' and OTM do not formally inform me of any changes.
  • VoucherMan
    VoucherMan Posts: 2,771 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Doddie1 wrote: »
    Where do i stand as a customer of Outfox the Market if they never supplied me with a copy of the terms and conditions i signed up under?
    Legally, I've no idea. Try asking on the Facebook group.

As far as I'm aware though, any of the changes they tried to make to the fixed tariffs were later rescinded because they "listened to valued feedback from their customers".
    The cynic in me thinks they were told the changes were not legal.:rotfl:

I still think the membership fee based on EAC is different to my original sign-up, but with no sign of an older copy of the T&C, it's impossible to prove.

Ultimately, if you're not happy, you could leave, although you'll not find another tariff as cheap.
    If you do, and they want to charge you en exit fee, remind them of the email they send to all customers on 18th December last year
    Are you charging exit fees? No, exit fees for the Whack! fixed tariff have been waived.
    There was no mention of this being a time limited offer. I'm sure they would still be happy to be rid of us.
  • VoucherMan
    VoucherMan Posts: 2,771 Forumite
    Options
    I don't know if any Outfox customers still head this way, or prefer the OTM discussion Facebook page, but here's and update anyway.

Back in June I called them out when they amended The T&C without acknowledging it. They emailed me with a very apologetic message. This time I may not bother. A test maybe to see how much time they spend trawling social media instead of looking after the company.

As I'm still a customer (what can I say, I like cheap), I still regularly check their T&C, as they say you should. They don't make it easy though. They've been updated in the last week, yet still carry a revision date of June 18th.

Enough waffle, what delightful amendments have they introduced...

We reserve the right not to continue to communicate with you if you are being abusive or aggressive towards staff. This might mean, for example, having to terminate a call early or requiring you to communicate in writing only.
    is new

Fix’D Tariff (Fixed – 12 months or 18 months)
    • If you leave this contract early, £30 per fuel exit fees apply.
    Back in August the exit fee was removed from their T&C, although never acknowledged with a T&C revision date. I have a screenshot, taken at the time I re-signed, stating £0.00 exit fees and this is also listed on my latest statement. I've no plans to move, unless there's a big drop in energy prices, but I wonder how enforceable this would be if someone did choose to leave.

They've also changed the wording of their refund policy.

Old wording
    11.1 If you would like a refund, you will need to first submit your meter readings for an accurate assessment of your account to be made. We will then conduct an assessment of your account before we can decide whether it is possible to authorise a refund.

11.2 You’ll usually get your refund within fourteen working days of your request being accepted following an assessment, although this could take longer in some circumstances. We’ll pay it into the bank account you use for your Direct Debit.

11.3 If you’re switching away from us, we will process a refund once we’ve received meter readings from your new supplier and sent you your final bill. Please be aware this process can take 6-8 weeks.
    New wording
    11.1 If you would like a refund, you will need to first submit a photograph of your meter readings for an accurate assessment of your account to be made. We will then conduct an assessment of your account before we can decide whether it is possible to authorise a refund.

11.2 You will be informed whether your request can be accepted following an assessment based on relevant criteria. We’ll pay it into the bank account you use for your Direct Debit.

11.3 If you’re switching away from us, we can only begin a refund assessment once we have received meter readings from your new supplier and generated your final bill.
    Then right near the bottom of the page

22.9 Where appropriate, we will reasonably comply with the terms of Condition 21BA of the Supply Standard Licence Conditions.

We updated our Terms and Conditions on 18th June 2019, it is your responsibility to read the terms and conditions regularly to make sure you are aware of any changes.
    22.9 is new. The date is not!
  • Gerry1
    Gerry1 Posts: 9,937 Forumite
    Options
    Listen carefully and you can hear Ofgem snoring.
  • Talldave
    Talldave Posts: 2,002 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    A photograph of your meter readings is not the same as a photograph of the meter, is it :wink:?!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure