Deleted

Options

Comments

• hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    reporting to us can act as mitigation, particularly if done promptly

She accepted she had acted for four months dishonestly, but under duress and told to follow orders, waited two years to report malpractice to the SRA and at one point misled regulators.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Who mentioned appealing
  • DavetheDog
    DavetheDog Posts: 5 Forumite
    edited 4 February 2019 at 3:32PM
    Options
    Paul Varjak.......
    I have not personally been a victim of DVP solicitors. We have a mutual ‘friend’.
    I would like to see justice done and the money recovered. From what I have read {Edited by Forum Team} in particular used this money, which I would call ‘proceeds of crime’ to line {Edited by Forum Team} own pocket.
    Does {Edited by Forum Team} get to keep this money or will {Edited by Forum Team} have to pay it back to the people {Edited by Forum Team} effectively stole it from? Is this money incorporated in the costs {Edited by Forum Team} incurred from the SRA?
    It makes me absolutely pig sick {Edited by Forum Team} life seems to carry on with no real effect. Nice cars, nice house, nice holidays. {Edited by Forum Team} that used to work for {Edited by Forum Team} is a solicitor at probably the most well known and biggest practices in Grimsby. Surely {Edited by Forum Team} must have known exactly what was going on, and must have benefited from the money {Edited by Forum Team} stole.
  • SouthoftheHumber
    SouthoftheHumber Posts: 15 Forumite
    edited 4 February 2019 at 12:36PM
    Options
    You are spot on Davethedog. I have been personally burnt by these {Edited by Forum Team}, and it has had a massive impact on my family. I know somebody who was connected to al of this (an innocent party and fellow victim) so I have heard first hand at the lifestyle the shameless {Edited by Forum Team} has been living since. I wish I had some tangible evidence to give, but I know others who have wormed out of the investigation have knowingly and willingly benefited from all this. With the police investigations going on I see it dragging on for a long time, but I see jail being inevitable. The public as a whole deserve nothing less.
  • DavetheDog
    Options
    SouthoftheHumber.......sorry to hear all this.
    DavetheDog loves sniffing things out!
    Will you be able to get your losses back? Do you think people will take out private prosecutions against them?
    Let’s hope when he has to go to court next week that’s smug grin is wiped off his face.
  • SouthoftheHumber
    Options
    Thank you Davethedog. I think ultimately we will recoup our material losses but what we won't get back is the knock on costs we have incurred or the strain it put on my fiancee and the devastating stress it put her through. I would write off the whole amount if it meant he faces real criminal charges and justice. It would mean more to my family than recouping money we have already written off. We are not wealthy individuals by any means so it hit us hard.

Paul varjak. There is definitely a police investigation going on separate to the trading standards happening in York. I know this for a fact. I really wish I could tell you more.
  • SouthoftheHumber
    Options
    As far as I am aware Paul it just relates to DVP. It is coming to me as forth hand info so I can't verify it personally but it is accurate from what I am told.
  • MR_Blg
    MR_Blg Posts: 25 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    South of the Humber,

I hope Mr Platt or one of his cronies are reading these posts and maybe now have an insight as to how his greed has effected the people he stole from.To take advantage of people when they are at their most vulnerable is the lowest of the low.

I don’t know how he can sleep at night especially with the realisation that the impending trail at crown court may result in a custodial sentence.

I hope you get the justice your family deserves , it may take time but somethings in life are worth waiting for.

On a lighter note the headline in all the papers “ the solicitor that could not live on less than £2000 a week” is hilarious, this phrase will probably stick with him for years to come ( I hope ).
  • SouthoftheHumber
    Options
    Very much appreciate these updates Paul; thank you.
  • DavetheDog
    Options
    Paul Varjak and South of the Humber...Thankyou. Most interesting responses from you both. I just hope him, his smug grin and arrogant attitude go to jail.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback