Maternity pay ... need help

Options

Comments

• Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yes you would sadly, I hope you wouldn't judge a woman in that position though.

Misogynists will always exist sadly, but thankfully legislation gets in their way a bit more than it used to. Obviously there wouldn't be any debate if it were men who got pregnant!

Absolute nonsense. You are making this a gender specific issue.

Couples get pregnant, women give birth.

If your argument in a reasonable debate is to scream misogynist in your opponents face; you've already lost.

This is no different to the 'wage gap', where multivaried analysis shows that women are not paid less for the same work; and younger women outperform their male counterparts in many areas.

But again, I'm a misogynist for wanting to discuss these issues as a man...
  • Grezz24
    Grezz24 Posts: 232 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    People should just stick to giving the facts (i myself dont know im afraid) as opposed to questioning the OPs motives / character.

She is playing by the rules, regardless of peoples personal opinions.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Yes you would sadly, I hope you wouldn't judge a woman in that position though.

Misogynists will always exist sadly, but thankfully legislation gets in their way a bit more than it used to. Obviously there wouldn't be any debate if it were men who got pregnant!

It's funny. Your 'power to the people' statement on misogyny, 'men don't understand' rhetoric and your poor performance on this thread makes you stand out as larger misandrist than I could ever be a misogynist.
  • Red-Squirrel_2
    Options
    Comms69 wrote: »
    Absolute nonsense. You are making this a gender specific issue.

Couples get pregnant, women give birth.

Pregnancy is gender specific, couples do not get pregnant, women do.

Couples have babies, couples become parents. Men in opposite sex or same sex male couples do not get pregnant.

That's basic biology really.
  • Comms69
    Options

Couples have babies, couples become parents. Men in opposite sex or same sex male couples do not get pregnant.

Basic biology suggests that it takes two to make a baby - which is exactly what I was saying and you know it.
  • System
    Options

Not quite. Gender is a societal construct and can be different to sex, it's definitely not basic biology by any stretch of the imagination.

It's basic psychology and philosophy really.
  • System
    Options

Not quite. Gender is a societal construct and can be different to sex, it's definitely not basic biology by any stretch of the imagination.

That's basic sociology and philosophy really.
  • keighley.johanne
    Options
    I have worked all my adult life, I have paid my taxes. At times I have worked 3jobs to ensure I am paying my bills as well as saving to ensure I have money behind us for when we do have children.

Was I wrong to do that?
  • Comms69
    Options
    I have worked all my adult life, I have paid my taxes. At times I have worked 3jobs to ensure I am paying my bills as well as saving to ensure I have money behind us for when we do have children.

Was I wrong to do that?

No, I don’t think anyone is saying that.
  • onomatopoeia99
    Options
    I am earning just enough to pay the bills.
    If your employer pays SMP only, which is likely if it's a small business, then you may be facing a considerable cut in earnings.
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure