Hi guys, looking for some advice please.
My husband has decided to leave the family home
We have 2 children, together aged 3 and 4. He has said that he's going to go to see a solicitor next week.
I'm afraid that he's going to try make me sell the house so he can take his half. I can pay the mortgage and the bills on my own but I won't be able to afford to pay him out. So my question is, can he by law make me put it up for sale and or would he have to wait until the children are of a certain age?!?
If anyone who has any sort of insight into this would be great please. Thankyou.


  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,128 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Get your own solicitor, preferably on recommendation from friends who've been in similar situations. And while you're waiting, head over to Wikivorce and get some basic information.
    Signature removed for peace of mind
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors


  • All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards