IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Brittania PPC Newbie post

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,341 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    You are right, post 2nd class as well then, and keep proof (NOT SIGNED FOR)!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Taliessa
    Taliessa Posts: 76 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Ok thanks both of you I will post a basic print out to Britannia as well.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,341 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Not to Britannia. They are using a solicitor!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Taliessa
    Options
    Not to Britannia. They are using a solicitor! - Ah thanks, I was confused because it said Claimant but yes of course that would be BW Legal as their solicitor, thankyou!
    Also do you know how much per mile the Court allows for petrol? Template document on here is 45p a mile from 2017, is that still the correct amount? I presume you can claim petrol costs to the Court only? Not home again......
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,811 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Taliessa wrote: »
    Also do you know how much per mile the Court allows for petrol? Template document on here is 45p a mile from 2017, is that still the correct amount? I presume you can claim petrol costs to the Court only? Not home again......
    45p/mile for the return trip.
  • Taliessa
    Options
    Thankyou KeithP!
  • Taliessa
    Options
    Hi there, all documents were posted yesterday to meet today's deadline. Thanks for all your help. Just one further question regarding exhibits and that is video evidence. It says in the sticky post to newbies that video evidence would be good and we have some short videos. I did put in my WS that I would be bringing video evidence to Court as an exhibit but is this allowed? As anything not presented in the bundle won't be taken as evidence in Court on the day. Do I need to send video evidence to the Court and Claimant's solicitor by the 4.00pm deadline today as well? Obviously this will have to be done by email. Or is the fact that I have listed video evidence as an exhibit in the paperwork enough?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,444 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    The court and claimant must have it with the bundle - and on 'durable medium' (memory stick or CD). You can't just rock up with it on the day.

You will also need to take with you to the hearing your own equipment to play the video.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,328 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 5 November 2019 at 11:51AM
    Options
    I have only just noticed this thread from last year has reared its ugly head again so I missed this from a little while ago.
    Taliessa wrote: »
    Update; I have now received a date for the court case. All documents on which I intend to rely must be delivered to Britannia and the court one month before the court date. When they say 'all documents' does this mean I send absolutely everything? As in all the paperwork/photos etc or does it mean I send a copy of the WS and a list of all other documents?

Also I heard back from the planning officer at the council. All signs did not have planning permission and consituted an immediate offence. All poles and signs have been removed along the one side of the parking area where signs were very high. ANPR camera and pole is still an ongoing case with planning permission. Planning permission for the signs only was granted July 2019 after a retrospective application. At the time that the driver of my car parked here the signs and ANPR pole plus cameras did not have planning permission. Does this make any difference to my defence? If so I will state all this in my WS. Your help is gratefully received, thankyou.

Cameras and poles etcetera need panning permission, and it can be applied retrospectively.

Signs need advertising consent. Not having it is a criminal offence, but I believe only the council concerned can prosecute. Sadly very few do. However, it cannot be applied retrospectively.

The scammers had neither at the time of the alleged event and should not be allowed to rely on them retrospectively even though they may now have permission/consent.

Have a look at post 19 of this thread and see if you can incorporate any of it into your case.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5539549

Have you received a copy of the Britannia contract with whoever "employed" them? Please show it to us if you have.
    Have you identified the landowner? If so, does the landowner's name appear on the contract?

One thing that has puzzled me throughout this thread is that you keep copying and pasting comments from other posters. Is there no "Quote" button under each post for you to use instead.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Taliessa
    Options
    Thankyou. I wish I had asked this question sooner, I presumed you could just turn up with it on the day as long as you told them in advance you were bringing it. My fault. Unfortunately everything was sent in the post yesterday to meet today's deadline. All I can do is email everything as a back up copy bundle and include the video evidence in that.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure