PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Daily Tuesday 27th November

Options

Comments

• -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,542 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 27 November 2018 at 10:38AM
    Options
    Morning all! Yesterday was good, i drank one mulled wine [it's usually four or five], bought nothing from the stalls really, just a couple of sweetie things for presents, bought a sponge in a kitchen shop for washing up, nearly collapsed in the street [ blew my nose, ears went funny, head started ringing etc] had to hang on to friend in a big bear hug for a bit, which was funny, people were looking :) Saw some fabulous, and I mean fabulous docs, red glitter and black glitter with flames, some really good ones, the 21 holers with ties and a zip, liked them but at 180 bit too expensive...Also had two for one happy hour [luckily right by the station] cocktails with a really good barman who was very chatty and managed to nab an empty bottle from him to stuff with pinterest style lights [ it's christmas decs, what can I say?]. All in all, a good day despite the stopping every five minutes to catch breath.
    Took OH to appt last night, waited over an hour for him, they'd lost his results, but the consultant thinks they'll be fine, but will make another appt when they turn up if they're bad....!!!!!!?!!! So not happy about that.

Had a jacket potato, really nice, and a big glass of wine.

Slept like a log last night as a result and today am sitting with chai tea for the moment. Will gather strength to keep going in the porch in a minute.
    Will cook the chicken and a packet fajita thing for OH to have that after, will also freeze some of it so e can have it again.

And it's raining....

dumpling, can you ask the doc for a home visit? Is it something they could prescribe something for? sounds like they're doing well camelot, happy eyebrow day :) Gers, not to put too fine a point on it but you sound exhauseted too. If you're going to drive your mother around canyou not stay there for a couple of days for the appointments? Oh dear csarina, deep breaths.....oh speky, bless you! send her a thank you card for helping you and put your number in it :)
    Best of luck Tuesday!

ollie, I tried this method the last time I did mine, it worked really well and I managed to do it myself, no mean feat when it's a bloody heavy goosedown supperking sized :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRPfudNNd8Y
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • ancientofdays
    Options
    Speky could you perhaps ring up, find out her name and then leave a note thanking her and suggesting meeting up? You could do that at a time when she might not be there, so you would not have to confront her. I bet she'd love to be asked out though, you sound lovely to me. I know how you feel about approaching people thpugh I would find it hard, in case the person said no! Bet she won't though unless she's already in a relationship which you'd understand anyway.

I am getting cold, think I'll have to have the heating on, that's what I get the oldies heating allowance for. I was cold in bed last night too time for a second quilt I think - this can be awkward because my old feller has built in central heating and is likely to complain that he's boiling.

I really came back to welcome Bappybrunette.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,591 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've read the thread but most of it hasn't stuck so I'll just say hugs to whoever needs one, especially Holly and Poppy.

The appointment with the consultant went reasonably well. He wants to keep on with the watch and wait (or watch and worry as the nurse we saw a coupe of weeks ago calls it) but change to blood tests every week. They do it on the haematology ward and it's very quick and they have the results almost instantly but it means a trip to Bedford and of course the parking fee every week. Steve had so many questions we were in with the dr almost 50 minutes, in the end he referred Steve to the head honcho at Addenbrookes for a consultation. He saidhe was dealing with the range of blood disorders but the Addenbrookes bloke deals only with lymphoma and CLL. They are a partner hospital so Steve's case has been discussed with them anyway.

I must say we have been very impressed - every appointment, scan or other test has been organised within a week or so, Steve has seen a consultant for every dr appointment and gets in to see him after only a few minutes wait and we have never felt that they have a time limit in the actual appointment. I know it's not the same for every department in the hospital but the haematology seems very well run.

We then drove up to Sister-in-laws only to fid out that the elderly relative who is also visiting had had a fall out shopping and had been taken to hospital in Chester. She's broken an elbow, cracked the opposite wrist and has facial bruising and cuts. They kept her in but her husband has just gone to collect her. She needs an op on the elbow in the next few days but needs to decide if she stays up here or goes home to Poole for it.

Sorry for the long post, I'll go now, need to get dressed and go shopping, hopefully for some presents because I need o start somewhere.
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    Organza, I know what you mean, my beloved is either watching boat !!!!!! ( ocean going yachts) or talking about the same boat !!!!!!!
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello all
    It's a very dark and wet day here.
    I had a lie in today and didn't get up till 10.30am :eek:. Never mind nothing has to be done today.
    I shall however write the Xmas cards as there are a few that need to be ready for posting. There is also some ironing to be done but that can wait for me to be in an "ironing mood " :rotfl:.

Mr Fix It is in the shed making a start on our new spare bed. He will make it so that it can be used as a chaise lounge or opened out into a single bed IYSWIM ( bit like a multi position sun lounger )." It's easy" says I ;). I have the ideas and then it's over to him to turn them into products. So he's gone away to the shed scratching his head. I've drawn him a picture, well sort of, as I'm not the best artist in the world.......... I'm more Stick man crossed with Picasso, what more could he want ?:rotfl:.

Tea tonight will be a beef casserole, well that's what I think it is. Why don't I label the boxes when I put them in the freezer ? :doh:...... I'll never learn :rotfl:
    Hope everyone has a good Tuesday.
    Take care all.
    nan xx
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Afternoon all :D
    Am staying put today, my Ex is supposed to be coming to sort the garden, but I have a feeling he will cry off.It is so cold though:(
    Had my counselling assessment n I'm now on the waiting list! God knows how long for :eek:
    I might have a faff with my new electric spiralizer later .Hope It's not just another dust gatherer:rotfl:
    OL have you looked at viovet for the meds?
    Huggles to all the poorlies n peed offs today :A
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • RosyRed
    RosyRed Posts: 3,093 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Aaargh,just lost a post I was typing,not sure how,the entire page just went :mad:.I've been missing for a few days,real life,DGS 5th birthday and his party etc etc ,greatly enjoyed by us all :D He is coming to stay over tonight and tomorrow,his Mummy is working away for a couple of days. We seem to have ended up with more than half of the presents here,still needing somewhere to put them :eek: The place is a tip ! and all the Xmas ones to come soon too.

Dh has finally brought the car back from the garage at lunchtime, 10 days theyve had it. £600 odd pounds,not ideal at this time of year :( Ive had a trip to town this morning,I wanted a few things from the haberdashers on the market and bought a ham shank to make soup tomorrow.
    Right better do a quick tidy ,will have to set off in an hour for school- makes it such a short day to get things done.
    Maddiemay- A cousin & I have been doing our family tree for years :D.Now another cousin wants a copy so I need to organise myself and sort it .
    hugs to those that need one xx
    :heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
  • ScarletRibbons
    Options
    Hello all, trying again.

Speky,AOD and_taff among others have given good advice re the girl in the hotel - do try it!!

Nice to see Ta posting, and Lainey.

Everybody seems busy today, I went to Tai Chi, had coffee with 2Ttai Chi mates, then toddled home. I've done a few jobs, now subsided on sofa.

It's nearly dark, and very cold, I'm waiting for the heating to come on soon. Mind I suppose if I got off my arris and did something useful I would warm up.

I've got a beef curry in the slow cooker, I made the sauce from an oldish recipe book, but to me it tastes a bit like chutney. Dh says it's ok, but I'm not sure. Still, having made the stuff, it'll have to get eaten

Quiz tonight, one of our team is setting it. That's how it works - someone from the winning team sets the following weeks' quiz, and we won last week. If I set it I use free quiz sites on the internet and cut and paste questions and answers into a word document.

People used to use quiz books, we would write our chosen questions out. Some people still do it that way I think. I had a quiz book like a doorstop, it was so thick.

Hope everyone's had a reasonable day anyway.

See you tomorrow folks!!
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi everybody

Spent Monday at dd and helped with baby and let her get a short nap, do a little cooking etc. Missed one of the two buses home so did not get back till nearly seven pm after leaving at four.

Woke up at five am and then got back to a light sleep only to find I woke up at ten am to a neighbour at the door. Why is it when I get up early and am dressed etc no one calls but the rare occasion I sleep the door never stops being knocked?

Dumpling

I hope you can get back to your own bed soon and get a good rest.

Gers

Take care of yourself as you sound tired and run down and need to recharge your batteries.

I had porridge for breakfast and made a lamb and stew for a late lunch. Chicken is defrosting for tomorrow and fancy something like Welsh rarebit for tonight.

Fancy ribbons have arrived through the post so I can use them for Christmas parcels using a different colour ribbon for each dd etc. Most presents have been wrapped but there are a few things still to arrive to be added to others then wrapped and labelled etc.

Hugs to all
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Evening all

Cold and wet here this morning, worsened by a planned outage of electricity from 09.00 to 17.00.....meant that we had no heat until OH lit the living room fire and kitchen stove.

Collected DD4s 3 from kindergarten at 12, they had lunch of sliced peppers, pasta(one with lots of pesto) cheese and half a muffin each, 2 water drinkers and one milk, followed by sliced apple and banana, its a pleasure to feed them.

Really need to do something about Christmas, food not a problem, it's the 15 adult presents for people who have everything they want or will buy it for themselves that drives me mad every year!!

Love and hugs to everyone who and I know that there is a Newbie somewhere who needs to be welcomed..... I am not always as vague as this..... honest.

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family