PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Daily Tuesday 27th November

Options
This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Comments

• dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone :hello:
    I thought I would start us off after yet another night sat up in my chair. I'm getting properly fed up of it now and just want to spend a night in my bed :mad:. Never mind, I will just have to put up with it for now I think.

Steve has just got up so I have some company for a little while before he goes off to work. He is feeding the animals and then will make me a cup of tea :), he's definitely a keeper :D. The kids are all still fast asleep as they were all up late playing games on the computer.

An old friend came to see me last night unexpectedly. I love her to bits but she only tends to come and see me when her personal life is going wrong...so about every six months or so she turns up with a tale of woe, drinks a cup of tea and disappears again.

Lee has college today so Phoebe will be making dinner tonight. We are having roast pork and all the trimmings which will hopefully be lovely. We had minced beef madras yesterday which was so hot it blew my head off. My tolerance for spice has definitely decreased the older I get.

Hope you all have a great day whatever you are up to, take care xx
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,007 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning All

Thanks for the start dumpling, hopefully you'll manage to get to your bed soon.

I haven't managed to post lately, been so busy! I drove down to Penrith on Saturday to meet up with one of my oldest friends, we had a great time pottering about, went to the museum and had a lovely Thai lunch. Sunday was a visit to Perth to see DS1 and the DGC, great to see them settling into the new house, DS1 is surprisingly stylish and very money savvy, all the furniture is pre-loved and all good stuff. The DGC are a joy.

Lots of driving over the weekend but it's worth it to stay in touch, I was glad to go back to work yesterday for a rest!

Glad you've settled in Specky, did you contact the girl from the hotel?
    Safe journeys Gers, it's not a good time of year to be travelling that road a couple of times a week but I'm sure your DM appreciates it.
    Keep posting SO, sometimes I only tell you about how the washing's doing!
    Hugs to those in need, you sound more positive Poppy.

Swimming, work and the flu jab this afternoon followed by an eyebrow wax - I know how to live!

Take care. XX
  • ancientofdays
    Options
    Morning all and thank you for starting us off Dumpling.

Nothing much happening here and I really must start thinking about Christmas. I've been focused on other things.

It is really foggy here, coldish and rain forecast, what a treat. Still working through the washing mountain, no point in it going outside and running out of rack space. It will get done.

Dumpling I hope you get a good night's sleep in bed soon. Thinking of all those who are unwell, sad or worried.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Morning hello.gif[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]We have a lovely frost this morning and it's quite misty too. The house was really cold at 5am, I turned the heating on (and up!) and it's only just starting to warm up now. Apart from our dog walk, I think I'll stay indoors today.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]The shopping is coming just before lunch, I'll get the housework done before it comes then I'll have the afternoon to finish sorting through the hall cupboard and maybe finally make a start on my nephew's Christmas blanket. I keep putting it off, I'll be fine once I get going but counting those chain stitches to start it off seems like an enormous job. I keep losing count, I don't think my brain is functioning properly at the moment :D
    [/FONT]

:beer:
    Bulletproof
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Morning :)

Thanks for the start Dumplingsounds like you are thoroughly spoilt by Steve and your kids
    OLHow is Blackun now?

Had a try to convince mum to see the doctor yesterday but no joy. She is starting to convince me that maybe it is just old age ....shes 88 so i need to look into the difference between normal ageing forgetfulness and something more worrying sounds ridiculous but I dont want the doctor to agree with her and she gets the "I told you so" I know that would be a good outcome but that would be it she would never agree to see a doctor again so I need to think about winning the war not just this battle.

Working today up in Yorkshire but its only half a day so no mad rush hour dash. I wish they would book more as they pay a full day and quite a bit more than my other company but sadly its few and far between.

I'll make some sandwiches up for the journey ....today I am wanting ham salad with of course the obligatory Soreen :) Tonight I will have a freezer rummage.

Anyway charra is filling up so if anyone else wants to send a parent on the bus speak up now Plenty of room at the coven and they can entertain themselves eating bananas and moaning about us :D

Have a good day all
  • nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone

dumpling - thanks for starting us off x

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Still dark here, but dry'ish under foot, and air doesn't feel as cold, forecast says it's supposed to be getting warmer from today. Wet and warm is forecast.

DH and I up enjoying first peaceful cuppas, I'm showered, dressed and just finished my brekkie. DS1 getting ready for work and DS2 still in his pit, but will wake him shortly so he can go for a run.

Dinner last night was fish, chips/jacket potato, beans/veg. Tonight will be roast chicken portions, mash, LO veg and gravy. I have fat club tonight - think I will have put on or stayed the same, really can't get my head into it at the moment.

Work yesterday was either busy or dead - we'll see what today brings. We had no technology for most of the morning so it's likely we'll get lots of repeat visits/calls.

It's my early finish today so get today out of the way and just working tomorrow.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • bellabella
    bellabella Posts: 1,221 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all
    Freezing cold and misty here Dolly still in bed I have been up since 4.30 and the ironing is nearly done just stopped for a cuppa. Didn't get on yesterday as loads of chores and it all started to go wrong from the first one onwards :mad:I still haven't packed so after the dog walk and house clean i will have a sort out
    Nels my mum swings from lunacy to sanity regularly but refuses to see the doc as she doesn't want tablets says she can't swallow but manages to eat and drink fine but argues when you say that to her she is 86 so book her on the bus please the girls are looking after her while we are away lucky lucky them;)
    Speky I say definitely go back and see the receptionist fair heart never won fair maiden
    OL check out the pet board they usually know the cheapest place for meds
    Right better get this ironing finished
    Hugs and extra strength to all those who need it
    Have a great day whatever you are up to xx
    Slava Ukraini
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

Seems very cold here this morning I have turned the heating up for a while this morning.

Off to work today and Tuesday group, we are doing carrot cake, banana muffins, sausage rolls and a coffee and walnut cake today so that should keep us busy.

We put the tree up at work yesterday as we only have three weeks before we break up for Xmas, I cant wait to see the clients faces when they see it :D

Lamb casserole for dinner tonight, it was so easy last night just putting it in the oven to warm through, there is a bit of rivalry with oh and I to see who's casserole was best, mine is the lamb and obviously the winner :D

Right best get on have good day all xx
  • ScarletRibbons
    Options
    Morning all, I'm gum gnashing again, I've lost another post.

Don't know what's the matter with me, losing stuff, that's the second time this week.

Take care anyway everyone, might pop back later.
  • TravellingAbuela
    TravellingAbuela Posts: 6,678 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 27 November 2018 at 8:29AM
    Options
    Morning folks, bloomin' horrible morning here with thick fog and it feels decidedly chilly. Brr. The house is taking some warming up too.

I am meeting my oldest friend in town this morning for a coffee (or two) and doubtless cake. She has been a tower of strength for me through these traumatic last months so I have a little gift and thank you card for her just so she knows how much she is appreciated.

DB rang up last night to see how I was doing and he and SIL are popping up tonight for a couple of hours. That'll be nice as he has such a dry sense of humour and can always cheer me up.

This afternoon I must tackle a few more neglected jobs. I was in idle mode yesterday and didn't do a thing. Oh I lie, I made a big pan of lentil and bacon soup so quite a few portions of that now in the freezer. And a portion left in the fridge for today's lunch, to enjoy with a sandwich when I get back.

Have a good day folks if you can and ((HUGS)) as always for the poorlies, sad, worried and lonely in our midst. Take care xxx

PS Ooops where's me manners! Welcome to BappyBrunette. Stick with us we have a lovely supportive bunch on here.x
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure