PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Daily Tuesday 27th November

Options

Comments

• Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,054 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning folks.

Am in Glasgow - things went a bit wonky yesterday for DM. She'd been sitting waiting for patient transport from 10.30 for her 1.15 CT scan. At 1.15 she sent me a text to say she'd not been collected. I phoned the office and got told that the transport was half an hour away and that it would all be OK at the hospital. :eek: Then I phoned the CT reception staff - the woman was lovely, told me that DM would get her scan and a cup of tea although there may be a long wait to get picked up again.

Being so far away meant that I was very worried. As teaching was finished I jumped in the car and drove down. All's well though DM was exhausted and annoyed.

I've rearranged my Thursday teaching to do it over VC, haven't got the strength for too much driving back and forward. My cough is pretty much gone though I've got a very dicky tummy now.

I slept well last night. Today will be very quiet!

Virtual hugs all round, happy Tuesday to all.
  • Bozwood
    Bozwood Posts: 216 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning. Busy day working this morning lunch time and after but not after school. Also Fifi is at the vets for her injections. I did a load of washing last night now on the rack drying dishwasher is now on.

It’s very cold here again I think I will have to scrape my car.
  • whiteguineapig
    Options
    Speky another one here pushing you, we are all matchmakers here lol
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,987 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Good morning, dull here, lots of rain due later. OH going to get an early cycle ride in, likely to be too wet to go on Tuesday lunch one.

My youngest DB has shown an interest in the family history that I stated many years ago, I have found all the paperwork and am updating madly on paper and researching on line. Library offers free access to Ancestry, might see if I can bag a computer for an hours session. Ma giving up her home has given me a kick up the rear to pick her brain and do more, she is the only one left of her age group. A bonus is that it is giving her something else to think about during this transition period.

Not sure about supper tonight, but meal plan done, will peruse it shortly.

Hugs and spoons to all that need them, lovely to see your posts TA, SO keep dropping by. OH just come back with the furry one and says it is biting cold:eek:
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    Morning all

Thanks for the thread Dumpling and hugs to all those in need.

Chilly here this morning and the stove isn't burning well because the coal is carp.

Busy day here today, CHS has one medical appointment on the boat and one at the local hospital so I need to get a wiggle on.

Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one.

Yesterday was a waste of space.......I managed to do some work on the table mats then made tea and we waited and waited for the transport. Rang the provider, he is on his way, phoned the hospital, you have 15 minutes grace to get here, transport turned up 10 minutes after my appointment time!! I was then informed that I should have neem there for 11.30 - 20 minutes before my appointment!!!! letter only gave me the appointment time...massive melt down, I have never lost it before, but I did then..........Took OH to evergereens and went to my daughters for an hour.......I am still seething this morning, went to bed at 7.30pm.

We have the assessment for the AA this morning, I am doubtful we will get the extra, if I do not get it I will not bother to try again, just cannot be a**ed. Cleaner due as well.

Beef and bean casserole tonight, have some veg to use up.........not sure whats for dessert yet. Also need to make bread.
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Good morning my chums,

Yesterday I nipped home to get my locks changed and spoke to my landlord at the time too, he's such a nice guy. Aside from that, I didn't do too much. Managed a bit more Xmas shopping with the Cyber Monday deals that were on, so in the space of a weekend, I'm almost done.

No gym this morning. I quite simply could not be arsed, which isn't like me. I will go a run tonight though and do so through a guided run on the Nike app which I find quite useful.

Need to nip into Debenhams to return an item at lunch through a service called Doddle. Never heard of it before but you don't need packaging or stamps or anything. Just turn up with the product and the address and they'll get rid of it.

And for those asking, I haven't went back to the hotel to speak to the receptionist. I don't have the guts. I can feel myself turning red just at the thought of it!

I get awfully shy and seem to lose absolutely all my confidence in scenarios like that. It's so strange. I mean, I work in sales. I literally talk to people all day every day (and I am relatively good at it). But the moment it's a good looking girl, I crumble and the thought of going back just to ask for her number makes me nervous. As I say, I don't know why because I'm well aware that I've nothing to lose. Chances are I'll never see the girl again so why not?! Maybe I just need to give myself a pep-talk and grow some....well, you know.

Right have a cracking day everyone :)
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,647 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning all,
    Sorry to have been MIA so much, have been limiting my screen time somewhat as was finding with not much to do in the way of paid work I was whiling away the hours on various boards and blogs, not good! I will much a conscious effort to post on here though as do miss you all.
    Am just waiting on a call from my farrier as Lu is due to have new shoes today, I fit in with him rather than the other way round as he’s a busy man but sometimes he forgets that I am 20 mins away from the yard and have to do a mad dash :D
    Eldest DSS has found a flat and will be moving out on Friday, might sound mean but can’t come too quickly for me, he isn’t the tidiest of people and our spare room is a pigsty :( his work hours tend to be afternoon and evening so hangs around the house a lot during the day, getting under my feet! Oh well, doing the countdown now.
    Hugs to all poorlies or those caring for loved ones, good to see you posting TA and nice to hear how supported you are by family & friends x
  • WeeMidgie
    Options
    Good morning everyone, checking in briefly, I have had a longer lie due to waking up at 5.00 and then falling back to sleep at 7.00, must have needed it.

Gers, I would have done the same. Very tiring for you yoyoing that journey, and good that you can make modern technology work for you and save some miles and wear and tear on yourself and the car.

Olliebeak, great result with the bargain duvet! Just in time for these colder nights. Tho I would struggle with changing the cover on such a big beast.

Hester I hope CHS's appointments go ok. Very annoying that you're stuck with inferior but more expensive coal at present. Needs must but it's a pity the on the spot supplier doesn't provide a good quality.

Sorry you had a bad night dumpling. Hugs to you and anyone else dealing with carp.

Scrabble this morning, then getting on with domestics.

Wishing you the best day possible. xxx
  • Olliebeak1951
    Olliebeak1951 Posts: 386 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 27 November 2018 at 10:24AM
    Options
    :hello:, everybody - yet another damp and miserable start to the day :(.

dumpling - thanks for starting today's thread. Hope it's not long before you can snuggle down in your own bed in proper comfort ;). Enjoy your day :). Sorry that your friend 'brought her own problems with her' yesterday :(.
    camelot - sounds like you had a fabulous weekend :T!
    Organza_Lace - enjoy your time with Diva ;) and hope you manage to find an alternative medication for Blackun. Can see your dilemma over a few days in the caravan - though a few days of just you and Grump might do you both a world of good ....... I doubt if you'd stop worrying about what was happening back home :eek:.
    ancientofdays - you have my symnpathies where 'laundry drying' is concerned :(. Proper pain in the rear at this time of year, especially when you don't use a TD. Mine died a couple of winters ago and I vowed to NOT replace it ...................... so far, so good :j. When I saw the electricity bill drastically drop, I became more determined to manage without one :D. I use a couple of airers and lots of radiator rails that don't cover the tops of the rads.
    tru - enjoy your walk later and hope you manage to get started on the blanket this afternoon :).
    Nelski - hope your trip to Yorkshire is a good one. Have you sorted out a desination for the charra trip yet - or just going to set them off on the M25, and keep going around it ;)!
    nmlc - good luck for fat club tonight - at this time of year, a 'stay the same' is actually very good. We're all looking for more 'warming food' which usually means more fat/calories and then we have less inclination to 'walk/work it off' :(. Hope work goes well for you.
    bellabella - hope you manage to get yourself motivated a bit better today :).
    redruby - oooh your Tuesday Group are in for a lovely time today :drool:.
    ScarlettRibbons - quite :mad: isn't it - better luck later on :).
    TA - sounds like you've got a lovely day planned - enjoy :D.
    Gers - awww poor DM - and poor YOU! The worry, when you're not 'immediately to hand' when things don't go according to plan, is awful :(. Hopefully you can 'take a day for yourself' today :).
    Bozwood - busy day for you - hope your car isn't too frozen brrr.
    whiteguineapig - I agree with you. Speky needs 'a nice girl' to show him around Madchester ;).
    maddiemay - how lovely that your DB is showing interest in your Family History - I'm sure that your DM would be only too willing to share stories and memories. I've taken the responsibility for doing ours and it's been fascinating :D.
    Hard Up Hester - hope all goes well for CHS today.
    csarina - what a rotten day :( - hope today goes better for you both.
    Speky - c'mon lad! You don't even need to ask for her number at first, how about just asking her out for a 'Thank You Coffee' when she finishes off work for the day ....................... and see how you click from there. I've never YET met a Scotsman who can't 'charm the birds from the trees' ;)!
    LaineyT - Hope all gos well with Lu and the farrier today. Best of luck for Friday :j!
    WeeMidgie - oooh a lovely lie-in :D! I've got OH well-trained in the 'Fine Art of Duvet Changing' - though it HAS taken around 27yrs ;) :j!

((((Healing Hugs)))) for anybody poorly, lonely or just p*** off ;)!

Today is going to be my 'only quiet day of this week', so intend to make the most of being 'busy doing nothing' :j!

Will strip the bed and put my new duvet on, hope it works out better than the current one! If it goes well, I'll donate the other one (well TWO as it's a 4 Seasons) to the local Dog's Trust for bedding.

Think it'll be Baby Pots, Steamed Fish and Cabbage for evening meal tonight. I've got some leftover potatoes, veg and a tiny bit of lamb from Sunday that I'll fry up for lunch later.

Have a good day everyody and I'll pop back in again later to see what you've all been up to :D - luv Ollie xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure