🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Financially responsible, but I need £750 quick! Advice?

Options
1234568»

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Any news OP ?

Its been 3 days, you made a start in getting the money ?
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    cloud_dog wrote: »
    I don't disagree with what you say. The difference is that you have come at it from a logical more clinical perspective as opposed to an emotional perspective.

Some people would say they are the same thing, but "logical [and] more clinical" = 'Wordy and boring', "emotional" = 'To the point' ;)
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • maxximus75
    Options
    Your monthly takehome on £31k should be around £2030ish
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,698 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    maxximus75 wrote: »
    Your monthly takehome on £31k should be around £2030ish
    Although trying to pick holes in OP's posts seems to be a popular pastime on this thread, I'm not convinced that there's much value in this line of attack, especially when you have no knowledge of pre-tax deductions such as pension contributions, etc....
  • callum9999
    callum9999 Posts: 4,395 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    UTP1919 wrote: »
    Not one of the numbers I have posted in this thread has been "disproved" (and couldn't be), nor has any of the other information been revealed as untrue or half true. I am exactly as I have presented myself throughout this thread. In 2 years I've increased my income from £17k to £31k while gaining additional qualifications and paying every bill, and I have done so rather than accrue savings and while unknowingly having one bad entry on my credit record. All of that information was within the first two posts. This is now the 40th post in this thread and all you have revealed in terms of additional info is that I also have a currently unused entry level overdraft which I have factored into my budget, and that I am fortunate enough to have found love. Where's the round of applause emoji?

Your whole issue is that I sounded too happy with myself in my first post. On a forum for people who may be in vulnerable and challenging situations, you choose to police posters' positive self-esteem rather than dispense useful advice straight away. To me that is incomprehensible.

This is very helpful, will take this advice. Thank you.

Your key mistake was going on about how amazing your finances are and how financially responsible you are. Your finances are shocking and you're incredibly financially irresponsible!

This isn't meant to be a "kick you while you're down" thing but a wake up call. You need to drop the notion that your financial planning is good and reorganise everything. While choosing to use up all your savings isn't particularly wise, it is definitely doable - you just need to make sure you have low/no cost debt options for scenarios like this. I.e. you need to get a bigger overdraft and build up your credit rating to the point where you can get 0% credit cards.

Too late for this of course, but it could help out with any future problems.
  • cloud_dog
    cloud_dog Posts: 6,073 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    callum9999 wrote: »
    This isn't meant to be a "kick you while you're down" thing but...
    ...while the boots swinging it seems a shame not to follow through. :(
    Personal Responsibility - Sad but True :D

Sometimes.... I am like a dog with a bone
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business