We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Who moves my Electricity meter?
Comments
-
Can you clarify what you are trying to achieve please ?
Are you wanting to physically move the meter - say from inside the house to an outdoor meter box ? ( cost a small fortune)
or - are you just wanting to change supplier - in which case nothing happens to the meter - it is not changed (no cost to you)Never pay on an estimated bill. Always read and understand your bill0 -
Thanks
At the moment I have I have dual fuel Gas and Electricity supplied by British Gas. When I want to move my Electricity meter I would ask British Gas.
If I switch away to another supplier who would I ask to move my Electricity meter when I want it moved?
pinkcloud0 -
I am not sure that you understood my questions - are you just wanting to change suppliers ?Never pay on an estimated bill. Always read and understand your bill0
-
To have your electric meter moved you contact your local electricity distributor - in my part of the world its Western Power.Never pay on an estimated bill. Always read and understand your bill0
-
Never associate with idiots on their own level, because, being an intelligent man, you'll try to deal with them on their level - and on their level they'll beat you every time.
Being hated by idiots is the price you pay for not being one of them.
Jean Cocteau 1889-1963
0 -
To have it moved anywhere on the existing board contact your supplier, for anything more than that it would be the local DNO..0
-
I have dual fuel Gas and Electricity with British Gas.
If I switch away who moves my Electricity meter when I want it moved please?
pinkcloud
Depends on how far you want to move it:
In general up to one meter and your current electricity supplier can move it. Over 1 metre and you contact your local electricity distributor. However electricity suppliers have their own rules: For example SSE will move an electricity meter up to 3m if it's on the same wall and Npower specify up to 30cm. You pay for the cost of moving it.0 -
Look at your electricity bill.Thanks.
Do you know who it is in Surrey please?
pinkcloudNever associate with idiots on their own level, because, being an intelligent man, you'll try to deal with them on their level - and on their level they'll beat you every time.
Being hated by idiots is the price you pay for not being one of them.
Jean Cocteau 1889-1963
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
