Very Scary Times......

Options

Comments

• Emzilla
    Emzilla Posts: 3,817 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Quick post. Been a busy weekend so far. Went to see the in-laws yesterday. Left at 9am and didn't get back until 9pm, so haven't felt like I've been at home at all. I managed to quickly reach my Swagbucks target before going to bed last night to keep my streak going for the month.

Also claimed another £5 Amazon voucher from Jupiter Surveys and £5.53 from Prolific.

Spending most of the day with my sister today and then pub quiz tonight, so will post again tomorrow.

Emz xx
  • Emzilla
    edited 12 August 2019 at 1:45PM
    Options
    Good day yesterday. Spent most of the day round my sister's doing Lego and went out for lunch with my mum for a carvery. Then did the pub quiz in the evening. Didn't win, but it was good fun.

I'm amazed that I managed to meet my Swagbucks target on Saturday and Sunday considering I've had very little time in front of my laptop. There were hardly any surveys on there either.

Today's list:
    1. [STRIKE]Morning meds[/STRIKE]
    2. Evening meds
    3. [STRIKE]Swagbucks second target[/STRIKE]
    4. [STRIKE]15 minutes housework[/STRIKE]
    5. [STRIKE]15 minutes housework[/STRIKE]
    6. Clean out the washing machine drawer
    7. Go to the gym
    8. Complete 10 surveys 1/10
    9. Get a mystery shop
    10. [STRIKE]Get a Textbroker article[/STRIKE]
    Emz xx
  • Emzilla
    Options
    Wow - can't believe I haven't posted for nearly 6 months :o. This hasn't been for bad reasons, things have actually been going pretty well recently.

My health is doing fine. I've had one admission since I last posted for planned IVs (last month), but that was only 3 days in and the rest of the two weeks on IVs at home. I've managed to come off the bipap machine I was using overnight officially (I stopped using it in August, but they have finally said that my lungs officially don't need it anymore). My oxygen requirements have also come down and my lung function is hanging around the 29-31% range.

I went to Harefield at the end of November for another check up and they were very happy with me. They have agreed that I don't need to be on the transplant list just yet and I can just go there for check ups every 6 months.

I haven't felt this positive about my health for the past couple of years to be honest. It's a nice feeling. I am trying to push to get the new CF drug Trikafta, which is said to be amazing. I think that would help me to get off oxygen completely. My doctors have said I will be eligible for it eventually, but as I'm doing so well at the moment, the company won't give it to me on compassionate grounds. I will get that drug though one way or the other!!!

Work is going well and I've been steadily raising my hours there. I'm currently on 9 hours a week (3x3 hour shifts) and I'm finding that isn't too much for me. Where my oxygen requirements have decreased, I'm going to aim to get all of my shifts up to 4 hours gradually, so I'll be on 12 hours. Doing it sensibly though and increasing them bit by bit.

Money-wise things are also pretty good. For the first time in I can't remember how long, we are up to date on all the bills!! Absolutely no arrears and it's such as amazing feeling. I used to dread the post and knocks at the door, and it's so nice not to have to worry about things like that.

I'm sure there's loads more that has gone on in the past 6 months, but those are the main things. Life is pretty good at the moment and long may it stay that way.

I was thinking of starting a new diary, but think I might stick with this one for a bit longer.

Hope everyone else is doing well. I'll go and read a few diaries later on when I get the chance.

Emz xx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Wonderful to hear you sounding so positive, and so pleased your health has improved x
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,677 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    All sounding good :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,351 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Lovely to hear from you again Emz, glad all is going well xx
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • dawnybabes
    dawnybabes Posts: 2,587 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 14 February 2020 at 12:57AM
    Options
     Missed you, glad everything is on the up 😊
    Sealed pot challenge 822

Jan - £176.66 :j
  • Emzilla
    Options
    Thanks for the replies  :)

I need to start posting more frequently. It keeps me on the straight and narrow!! My days tend to fill up quite quickly at the moment though. I'm working 3 shifts a week and then I have to slot other things into the days I've got off (medication deliveries, hospital appointments etc).

I would like to try and earn £300 next month from surveys, mystery shopping etc. I'll join the £10 a day thread when it's up and running, but will keep a track here too. Need to do my daily to-do lists as well to stop me doing nothing all day!!

My OH is home today as our car is in having a service and some repairs, so I'll start my daily lists from tomorrow.

Hope everyone is well.

Emz xx
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,351 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good luck with it Emz xx
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • Emzilla
    Options
    I haven't joined the £10 a day thread, but I'm just going to keep a track of what I make this month on here. I really want to get over £300. I'm trying to get more cash rather than vouchers at the moment, so I can pay it off some debts rather than waste it on other stuff that we don't really need. I'm waiting for a £10 Mastercard from Swagbucks and I've got over £6 on Prolific, but it hasn't cleared yet. I'll only officially count the stuff I've received though.

3/3/20 - £5 Amazon voucher from Swagbucks

Total - £5

Emz xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family