MSE News: Just 1.2% of smart meters will definitely stay smart when you switch

Just over 138,000 of Britain's 12 million smart meters are guaranteed to retain their full functionality if you switch your energy supplier...
Read the full story:
'Just 1.2% of smart meters will definitely stay smart when you switch'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

Comments

• brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,507 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Love to know IF anyone who has a "SMETS2" compliant meter ,has switched and still retained all functions?
  • badmemory
    badmemory Posts: 7,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    A whole 1.2% !! WOW! What a joke.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    If I was in charge of the Department overseeing this shambles, I might find myself similarly accused:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/nov/19/energy-minister-claire-perry-accused-of-swearing-and-shouting-at-staff-unions-civil-servants
  • coey
    coey Posts: 29 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Then why do MSE promote energy tariffs that are conditional on having one of these useless devices fitted , we are all going to share the ridiculous cost of this £11 billion project to save £11 per YEAR , that's if you bother to take any notice of the meter.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    coey wrote: »
    Then why do MSE promote energy tariffs that are conditional on having one of these useless devices fitted , we are all going to share the ridiculous cost of this £11 billion project to save £11 per YEAR , that's if you bother to take any notice of the meter.

I think that you may be asking too much of MSE. It gets its information from MoneySupermarket - an Ofgem-accredited price comparison site. It would be doing suppliers and consumers a disservice if it didn’t show tariffs that require a smart meter. At the end of the day, the supplier and tariff that we choose is a personal decision.
  • Total waste of taxpayers money, and dont get me started with the safety issues raised with the very quick installations.
    Old Faithful we roam the range together,
    Old Faithful in any kind of weather,
    When the round up days are over,
    And the Boulevard’s white with clover,
    For you old faithful pal of mine.
  • Michaelw
    Michaelw Posts: 296 Forumite
    I wonder if anyone will be informed individually when their SMETS1 meter is migrated onto the DCC network so they can successfully switch suppliers?
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,507 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Michaelw wrote: »
    I wonder if anyone will be informed individually when their SMETS1 meter is migrated onto the DCC network so they can successfully switch suppliers?

The way things are going -that'll be when hell freezes over:rotfl:
  • So if 12 million smart meters have been installed then there will be a very large number , at least 6 million will be now in operation and doing a great job.
  • badmemory
    badmemory Posts: 7,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Are you suggesting that 6 million have been installed in the last year or that 6 million people haven't switched suppliers? Or 6 million minus 1.2% always supposing that is anything like an accurate figure.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure