EE Call price rise

Options
2»

Comments

• scams2udirect
    Options
    same as me

Michael74 wrote: »
    Its seems EE are fighting my case tooth and nail with the Ombudsman, stating that because my past usage is so low any price rise now will have minimal impact on future calls... It seems EE can see into the future now and know how much I am going to use the phone in the coming months, I am impressed.... Saturdays Lottery numbers would be nice EE.
  • gener8or
    gener8or Posts: 163 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well my contract terminated last Friday and my final bill was correct with no early termination charges.
    I'm surprised they are letting your cases go to the ombudsman. Surely they have no case.... did you already leave?
  • Michael74
    Options
    No, I haven't left EE. If the Ombudsman finds against EE I will leave like like a startled Gazelle. If not, I will just wait until my contract ends and laugh when EE ring me to see if I want to renew....
  • N20Y1D
    N20Y1D Posts: 2,059 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 20 December 2018 at 2:31PM
    Options
    I've just moved to EE, joined on the 12th November. Not happy about these increases so will also be looking to leave off the back of them, I dont have any call bundles so am materially worse off the moment i pick up my phone and dial a landline/mobile.

How does this work, i don't want to lose my landline number, do i get the early termination agreement and then simply switch to someone else?
    TESCO EVERY LITTLE change to the t&cs HELPS
  • N20Y1D
    N20Y1D Posts: 2,059 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Following a quick call they advise i will not be affected by this, got it in writing and they noted it on my account so will make a couple of quick calls over the weekend and then again on the 23rd Jan.
    TESCO EVERY LITTLE change to the t&cs HELPS
  • Michael74
    Options
    So the Ombudsman did not uphold my complaint as the price rise as would not be of a material detriment. But EE have to apologise to me due to the way they handled my complaint. I will try not to laugh too hard when I get my retention email from EE.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure