Debit cards

Options
124»

Comments

• HounslowBoy
    Options
    Thank you for all the commenst useful and less so. I am definitely interested in understanding how the system works and how best as a customer, I can interact with it. I am not a great lover of edited reports which is why, when possible, I paste in Visa's and NatWest's email replies. The latest one as below from NatWest: -

I have investigated your query and would like to inform you that the merchant requests the Bank for your new card information. The Bank has an agreement with VISA to provide the same to the merchant Bank. In order to investigate this matter further, I would request you to please contact the merchant directly to stop these payments. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused in this regard

I will now ask my bank if they can provide either a full list of such merchants, or a list of any that they know of who have received my details this way.
  • JuicyJesus
    JuicyJesus Posts: 3,830 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thank you for all the commenst useful and less so. I am definitely interested in understanding how the system works and how best as a customer, I can interact with it. I am not a great lover of edited reports which is why, when possible, I paste in Visa's and NatWest's email replies. The latest one as below from NatWest: -

I have investigated your query and would like to inform you that the merchant requests the Bank for your new card information. The Bank has an agreement with VISA to provide the same to the merchant Bank. In order to investigate this matter further, I would request you to please contact the merchant directly to stop these payments. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused in this regard

I will now ask my bank if they can provide either a full list of such merchants, or a list of any that they know of who have received my details this way.

I mean this in the nicest sense - get a hobby.
    urs sinserly,
    ~~joosy jeezus~~
  • HounslowBoy
    Options
    Again in the nicest sense; if you cannot add anything to the issue you are clearly in the wrong space and could probably benefit from something called 'a life'
  • meer53
    meer53 Posts: 10,217 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Again, you don't need a list of merchants. You've already provided your details to the merchants, all they're given are your new details, and the only ones who are given these are the ones you have agreed to pay on a continuous Authority basis, NOT everyone who you've ever bought from !
    It's the Visa Account Updater coming into play. When transactions are made, everything is communicated electronically, no-one is sending your details to anyone, systems are updated, payments continue to be collected, job done.
  • 18cc
    18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    Options
    This website gives details of how va you works including the apis one of those is to allow a cardholder to find out which merchants have requested card update details

https://developer.visa.com/capabilities/vau
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport