IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

NCP ANPR, BW Legal 2nd response

Options

Comments

• danslerouge
    Options
    rsturbomad wrote: »
    Hi danslerouge,

See my post which me be of some help. The same cowboys and very similar circumstances: -

Thanks, that is very useful. Should I bother responding to BW email or letter at this point or should I just be preparing my defence for submitting to the claim court?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,711 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Can you please answer this question...
    KeithP wrote: »
    Have you even received a Claim Form from the County Court Business Centre yet?
  • danslerouge
    Options
    Have you even received a Claim Form from the County Court Business Centre yet?
    Originally posted by KeithP

No, only letters from bwl requesting payment and the response to my email in my original post. Also they've called me twice and I've refused the speak to them, requesting they communicate via letter or email only
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    No, only letters from bwl requesting payment and the response to my email in my original post. Also they've called me twice and I've refused the speak to them, requesting they communicate via letter or email only

BWLegal are known phone pests

If BWLegal ignore you, complain to the SRA (Solicitors Regulation Authority)
    https://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/problems.page
  • KeithP
    Options
    From another thread:
    ...I'm at the claim letter stage...
    danslerouge, does that mean you have received a Claim Form from the County Court Business Centre in Northampton?

If so, please tell us the Issue Date on that Claim Form.
  • danslerouge
    Options
    Happy new year KeithP, the issue date is 21st December, I've submitted the AoS and I'm now preparing my defence. The main defence I will raise is that I didn't realise the car park had changed to ANPR. Their main point will be breach of contract, but I'm thinking that as I only stayed in the car park for 20 minutes, would that be enough time, to download their T&Cs, read and understand them and then decide whether I want to enter in to this "contract". Should I include that as well?
  • KeithP
    Options
    the issue date is 21st December...
    With a Claim Issue Date of 21st December, and having done the Acknowledgement of Service in a timely manner, you have until 4pm on Wednesday 23rd January 2019 to file your Defence.

That's three weeks away. Loads of time to produce a perfect Defence, but don't leave it to the very last minute.

When you are happy with the content, your Defence should be filed via email as suggested here:
      Print your Defence.
    1. Sign it and date it.
    2. Scan the signed document back in and save it as a pdf.
    3. Send that pdf as an email attachment to CCBCAQ@Justice.gov.uk
    4. Just put the claim number and the word Defence in the email title, and in the body of the email something like 'Please find my Defence attached'.
    5. Log into MCOL after a few days to see if the Claim is marked "defended". If not chase the CCBC until it is.
    6. Do not be surprised to receive a copy of the Claimant's Directions Questionnaire, they are just trying to put you under pressure.
    7. Wait for your DQ from the CCBC, or download one from the internet, and then re-read post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread to find out exactly what to do with it.
  • KINGER123
    Options
    Hi there

Sorry I know this has been answered plenty of times but I really need advice of what to do.

The story is My husband and I entered an Ncp car park n Lyme Regis in August last year at approx 8.15 pm. It was dark and my young son was asleep in the car. I jumped out and went into the local Tescos whilst my husband circled the car park. We can have been in there 13 mins and then left. Several weeks later I received a PCN from NCP. Firstly I don't live locally and visit this area maybe 1 a year and I did not even realise it was an NCP car park. It was dark so made a mistake. I am not one for not paying for a ticket. Just didn't think as it was late. Anyway I have done nothing and have subsequently received a further letter from NCP increasing the charge to 160 pounds then letters from Trace recovery. And a letter from BW legal and now a letter of claim giving me 30 days to pay with information sheet stating even more costs. What do I do now please . D I still ignore or will they take me to court?
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,331 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    What do I do now please
    You read the NEWBIE sticky to be found on the first page of the forum and then, if you still have questions, start your own thread.
  • KINGER123
    Options
    Hi New to this how do I so a new thread
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills