QDR - how can they say this?!?

Bylaw 14 penalty issued at train station by Indigo.
Indigo / ZZPS / QDR just send stock responses rather than responding to questions.
Driver and owner not disclosed.
Registered keeper of the vehicle is Company A.
Owner is Company B.
Offer from ZZPS to avoid prosecution has been declined by Company A.
All correspondence to Indigo / ZZPS / QDR has been sent from the registered keeper.
ZZPS tied themselves in knots with lots of contradictions.

Today, Company A received a letter from QDR stating that:

“On this occasion the parking event has breached the Railway Bylaw Section 14 and the Penalty Notice has been issued under section 219 of the Transport Act 2000 as amended under the Railway Act 2005. Therefore, irrespective of who was driving the vehicle at the time of the contravention, it is the registered keeper/ owner that remains liable to pay its due balance.”

How can state that last sentence? Am I missing something? Guess I’m just looking for some reassurance. :D

I’ve got another 1.5 months to drag it out until I get to the sacred 6 months.

I love you guys! Thanks in advance.

Replies

• edited 31 October 2018 at 10:38PM
    QuentinQuentin Forumite
    40.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 31 October 2018 at 10:38PM
    That is the situation in trespass cases

Only the owner can be prosecuted
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    34.6K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Call their bluff. Get them to arrange a summons in the Mags Court. (By the way, they can't. Only the TOC can do that - and none of the prior mentioned players can provide the TOC with your details under the DPA).

You have to hit back hard. Force them out of the shadows they choose to skulk in.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    100.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Ignore them, they are just letter writers. It'll all be over by Christmas!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Bacon flavoured toothpaste

Can you help this Forumite track some down?

Join the Forum discussion

£10 Christmas bonus

For benefits recipients

MSE News