IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Leaving Car Park

Options

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,737 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    mwalimu wrote: »
    If I appeal through POPLA and loose I will then have to pay £100.
    I have no idea where you got that idea from.

A PoPLA decision is not binding on the motorist.

If you lose at PoPLA you still do not owe anyone anything until you lose a court case and a Judge tells you to pay.

See here for your chances of being taken to court:

Nearly 180,000 tickets but just 54 court appearances over the last three years.

That's odds of over 3000 : 1 - I'd take that any day.
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,285 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 31 October 2018 at 8:28PM
    Options
    Thanks. Yes it is Premier Park Ltd.
    If I appeal to POPLA the "Discount" will be withdrawn. If I appeal through POPLA and loose I will then have to pay £100. Seems a bit of a gamble that, as a "pensioner", I can ill afford to take. Though I totally disapprove of these parking companies I fear that I might be better off if I just pay up. Any thoughts?
    Would the line that I have been shown no photographic evidence of people from the car crossing the site boundary be a good line to take in the first (Premier Parking) stage?
    Off to read the Newbie notes at top of site.

You still haven't edited your original post as advised by at least two posters to remove information about who did what. You really MUST do this before you do anything ese.

If you lose at PoPLA, it means: -

1 You have done the appeal wrong by not following the advice on here

2 You do NOT have to pay a penny. Please re-read the NEWBIES as this is explained there.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Everyone
    Thanks for your valued advice. Sorry about not reading up in Newbie notes. Was panicking a bit ‘cos of short time scale. Off to library and a “proper” computer. Hope I’m not too late if I don’t send in my completed form till Friday.
    It would be sensible if you first took the action advised in the last line of #2 above before doing anything else!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    This is the same as all other PP threads.

No need for any of us to go over old ground about silly 14 day 'deadlines' .

No need even for your benefit as a newbie, because we can't do this day in day out on every thread and that's because this is all already covered in the FAQS in the NEWBIES thread, the 14 day discount is mentioned there...please read the thread.

Your case is NO different from any other. You might win at POPLA, you might not, but the NEWBIES thread tells you what to do and NOT TO PAY even if your forum-assisted POPLA effort doesn't work.

Any question now on the tip of your tongue (including 'but don't I risk a CCJ, won't they send a bailiff round?') is already covered in the sticky thread, I promise.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • mwalimu
    mwalimu Posts: 47 Forumite
    Options
    KP
    Thanks for reassuring note
  • mwalimu
    Options
    FC
    Thanks for advice about editing my initial note. I put the cursor beside the word/s I wish to delete but using the back arrow has no effect. How does one tdelete existing text?
  • mwalimu
    Options
    At two in the morning I’m exceptionally dim. Found editing button and removed any personal information. Do you think that I should just delete all the stuff about delivery of PCN and the rest of my note?
    Good night / good morning
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,285 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    At two in the morning I’m exceptionally dim. Found editing button and removed any personal information. Do you think that I should just delete all the stuff about delivery of PCN and the rest of my note?
    Good night / good morning

You can delete stuff that you now know is irrelevant if you want, but many of the regulars have now seen it so it won't make too much difference.

Just follow the tried and tested process.

Send the template appeal you will have found in the NEWBIES exactly as it is, from The Keeper.

If/when it is rejected, construct a PoPLA appeal using all the available points available to you from the NEWBIES. Those points will include the scammers failure to define the site boundary, and lack of proof that a motorist left site.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • mwalimu
    Options
    Thank you Fruitcake for your very helpful response. I’ll follow up your advice as soon as I get back.
  • mwalimu
    Options
    Just back
    Please look at my version of your suggested response to a PCN letter only. My "offence" is "Parking & Leaving the Site". Photo evidence was submitted of car in car park but not of occupant/s leaving the car park.
    Do you think that "my version" is "good to go" ? Any improvements will be valued.

Re PCN number:

I dispute your 'parking charge', as the keeper of the vehicle. I deny any liability or contractual agreement. There will be no admissions as to who was driving and no assumptions can be drawn.

Your PCN states that the reason for its issue is Parking & Leaving Site. You submitted only photographs of the car at the Bridge Road Retail Park. , I require all photos taken, a clear image of the signage and of the occupant/s leaving the site.

I have made a formal complaint about your predatory conduct my MP and will also to your client landowner, appraising all parties of the debate where Parliament agreed: ''we need to crack down on these rogue companies. They are an absolute disgrace to this country. Ordinary motorists...should not have to put up with this''. Firms of your ilk were unanimously condemned as operating an 'outrageous scam' (Hansard 2.2.18). The BPA & IPC were heavily criticised; hardly surprising for an industry where so-called AOS members admit to letting victims 'futilely go through the motions' of appeal and that 'we make it up most of the time' (BBC Watchdog).

Formal note:
    Should you later pursue this charge by way of litigation, note that service of any legal documents by email is expressly disallowed and you are not entitled to assume that the data in this dispute/appeal remains the current address for service.
    Yours faithfully,

On another topic. Only with great difficulty did I find "my" thread, used both my "name" and " Leaving Car Park"

Anyways
    Guys/esses, many thanks for your help & forbearance.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure