Lowells Solicitors - Letter of Claim

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Credit File & Ratings
22 replies 1.2K views

Replies

• D_M_ED_M_E Forumite
    3K Posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did you also put in a claim for missold PPI - if not, then given what you have written you should put in a claim for this.
  • get a claim slammed in for PPI , you were sold an incorrect product

EDIT , Lowells CANNOT just get a CCJ on you , they have to serve court papers first

How do I get this submitted? Sorry for ignorance.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Forumite
    0 Posts
    MoneySaving Newbie
    The letter OP has received has stated that it could lead to court.

On what grounds are you claiming for mis-sold PPI? Other than just because all the TV adverts tell you to?
  • twhitehousescattwhitehousescat Forumite
    5.4K Posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    !!! wrote: »
    The letter OP has received has stated that it could lead to court.

On what grounds are you claiming for mis-sold PPI? Other than just because all the TV adverts tell you to?

" Vanquish declined the claim and said I was not entitled to payment of the minimum payment whilst I found another job."
  • Willing2LearnWilling2Learn Forumite
    6.3K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whilst I agree that there may be grounds for a PPI claim, it does not change the fact that the clock is ticking on enforcement for the debt, and the OP needs advice on the letter before claim. That should be the priority I think :)
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • Whilst I agree that there may be grounds for a PPI claim, it does not change the fact that the clock is ticking on enforcement for the debt, and the OP needs advice on the letter before claim. That should be the priority I think :)

Agreed. I've just filled out stepchange forms, they have advised DMP, I'll get step change to set this up, I think its my best option right now. CCJ is not a good idea.

I am not happy with Vanquish and their iffy products, but, I have some monthly funds to offer a vastly reduced payment - debt is for £2600

I just don't have a lump sum to offer - if I had I'd have maybe paid the reduced offer.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Forumite
    0 Posts
    MoneySaving Newbie
    None of their products are "iffy" if used properly and appropriately.

You need to check the terms for the PPI as the statement they have issued you may stand
  • edited 31 October 2018 at 9:25PM
    LMCDLMCD Forumite
    649 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    edited 31 October 2018 at 9:25PM
    Hi

Having had experience with Lowell for three accounts and they all had defaults (not good I know! But just cleared my last one) they have always been fair and reasonable with me.

Call them and ask them if they will keep to their reduced offer and allow you to repay monthly to what you can afford. This is what I was able to do.

Work our the amount you can afford to repay monthly before you call. They always make sure your other important bills are up to date and like I say they are definatly fair.

Anytime you are struggling. Call them up to change it to what suits.

Any money paid back is better than a dismissed debt to them and it shows you are making effort to pay back.

PS: Lowell will not update your credit file to the reduced agreement but goes closed when you’ve reached that amount.
  • You would have been better off taking the discount on the other side when you had the chance rather than ignoring them. You won’t get a reduction with Lowell Solicitors they go in to legally enforce the lot.
  • Agree with ya though LMCD, you play fair with them they will be helpful and set things up in a way that fits. You had a 60 percent discount!! Some people would chew their right arm off to get a reduction like that! Why the hell didn’t ya take it and get rid?!
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST MSE NEWS AND GUIDES

Cheap Train Tickets

Hidden fares, split tickets and how to beat booking fees

MSE Guides