Old Vodaphone Debt

Options
Hello Folks!

I have check my credit score, however there is an old vodaphone debt dating back from 2014 - however, I've had no correspondce about this and when I tried to contact vodaphone about this they have no record of it anywhere and its just sat there with numerous defaults!

Can anyone provide advice about this?!

Thanks,

Rach
Debt as of 29/07/2016 = £7827.76
Amount paid = £2280.03
Amount Left to Pay =£5547.73
I want to be debt free by October 2021!

Comments

• Willing2Learn
    Options
    Hi, are you saying that the debt is yours or not?
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • RDB91
    RDB91 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    Hello,

The debt is mine, one that I completel forgot about.
    Amount paid = £2280.03

• spadoosh
    spadoosh Posts: 8,732 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You need to speak to vodafone until they give you answers.

Im assuming as you dont appear too shocked about vodafone that you did have a contract with them around that time?

Is the debt likely to be yours, ie have you moved address meaning vodafone have been unable to contact you about it? Did you cancel a contract around that time?

You should only have one default applied to the debt so could do with clarification on the numerous defaults?
  • spadoosh
    spadoosh Posts: 8,732 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    RDB91 wrote: »
    Hello,

The debt is mine, one that I completel forgot about.

On that basis its unlikely theres anything you can do.
  • Willing2Learn
    Options
    You could just wait for Vodafone to find the account and they will write to you when ready. Or you could persevere with your communications with Vodafone, and assist them to find the account. Is the account showing as defaulted?
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

• RDB91
    Options
    They have no record of the account on thier systems - it has been too long as they have said. I have provided them with my old address the account was registered with, however it is still not showing! Quite fustrating as I want to pay it off and it is showing defaulted.
    Amount paid = £2280.03

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Paying it won't make the default go away.

If they can't find the account raise a complaint.
  • Willing2Learn
    Options
    RDB91 wrote: »
    They have no record of the account on thier systems - it has been too long as they have said. I have provided them with my old address the account was registered with, however it is still not showing! Quite fustrating as I want to pay it off and it is showing defaulted.
    If they have no record of the account on their systems then they should not be recording the account on your credit file. I would make a complaint, in writing, to the Vodafone Data Controller so that the account gets removed from your file. What is the date the default marked as?

I love my job

• RDB91
    Options
    If they have no record of the account on their systems then they should not be recording the account on your credit file. I would make a complaint, in writing, to the Vodafone Data Controller so that the account gets removed from your file. What is the date the default marked as?

It is Feb 2014.
    Amount paid = £2280.03

• Willing2Learn
    Options
    In that case the account won't be automatically removed from your credit file until Feb 2020. I would definitely make that complaint to the Data Controller. You would have an option to escalate your complaint to the ICO if the resolution is not satisfactory.

I love my job

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family