We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Really need help

I get £140 a week in because I am a carer and can't work. I am looking. I have to pay £20 a week for a Christmas debt. £10 for my landlord for arrears, £10 for electricity, £20 for phone bill of £68, £40 for food, £20 for Sky direct debit, £10 for my only indulence which is to take my son, who has a disablity for a trip somewhere and a meal out and £10 on a computer bill of £170 who is letting me pay so much a week. I am now tapped out and don't know what to do. :angry: I tried to follow the tips on making 25% more of my salary but they didn't help. What can I do now?
Time is more valuable than money. You can get more money but you can't get more time

Comments

  • Gillianh2
    Gillianh2 Posts: 773
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    HI try posting this on the "debtfreewannabe" Board with a full SOA and you will recieve plenty of good advice etcc; Good Luck
    :j I have a persecution complex. Everytime I pass a shoe shop they persecute me till I buy them:j
  • Glad
    Glad Posts: 19,117
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Senior Ambassador
    Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere (please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"]!!!!!![/EMAIL]. :)
    I am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Sorry you are having such a hard time.
    Are you sure you are getting all the benefits you are entitled to?
    A good idea would be to post you SOA ( statement of affairs ) there is a sticky at the top of the DFW board & I'm sure that someone much more qualified than me will be able to help.
    I think there is a website that you can check your benefit entitlement too, someone on here will know.
    They are a clever bunch.
    I just didn't want you to be missed so bumping this up the board
    Good Luck
    Comping again - wins so far : 2 V festival tix, 2 NFL tix, 6 bottles of wine, personalised hand soap, Aussie miracle conditioner :beer:

    Married my best friend 15/4/16 :)
  • redpete
    redpete Posts: 4,772
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I get £140 a week in because I am a carer and can't work. I am looking. I have to pay £20 a week for a Christmas debt. £10 for my landlord for arrears, £10 for electricity, £20 for phone bill of £68, £40 for food, £20 for Sky direct debit, £10 for my only indulence which is to take my son, who has a disablity for a trip somewhere and a meal out

    Don't consider taking your son out an indulgence - it's probably closer to a necessity for both of you.

    I'd suggest £80 a month on Sky is more indulgent, have you considered canceling or moving to a cheaper package?
    loose does not rhyme with choose but lose does and is the word you meant to write.
  • I pay £15 a month of Sky not £80, sorry if I typed that in wrong. I am on the lowest possible packageand don't want to cancel because my son is studying acting part time at college and is enjoying "Whose Line is it Anyway?" He enjoys the Simpsons as well. I just watch Judge Judy and occasionally Mission Impossible. That is all, but I am paying £15 a month for that privilege.
    Time is more valuable than money. You can get more money but you can't get more time
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.