Sainsburys Bank global error reactivating old debt file accounts and ruing credit rating

Options
124»

Comments

• KittenChops
    Options
    kj35 wrote: »
    I have just spoken to Experian and despite Sainsbury's saying they had sent a separate note to correct my file. They have not. Experian have stated there is a process where Sainsbury's (and others) can send through an exception get corrections done in 72 hours.

I used to work in financial services (10+ years ago) and if we had recorded incorrect info on a customer's credit file and their mortgage application was declined due to that (for example) we would correct the mistake on their credit file & confirm in writing that it was our mistake and it had been corrected. We would tell the customer that the correction would show up within 24 hours, although as far as I recall it was instant...

Have you made a complaint yet? That might force them into action.
  • PMcCarrol
    Options
    Sounds like there's a claim here to be honest.
    If they've admitted liability, I'd make a request for some hefty compensation, after all, if it's caused you any financial losses then it is up to them to put it right. There's many reasons why you could make a claim in this regard to be honest but negligence is the main one.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Compensation is for suffering financial loss
  • clavicus
    Options
    Today (Nov 16th 2018) I received a letter from Sainsbury’s Bank referring to the situation with my account and informing me a request has been filed to correct the entry in my credit history for late payments in 2018.

Nothing describing this was 100% their fault. Nothing confirming my personal data has been misused but remains safe. No explanation whatsoever. No time-frame expectation of when my credit history will be returned to its previous rating. No apology.

Their treatment of those of us affected by their utter incompetence is reprehensible and they should categorically be taken to task and forced to make both a public announcement and formal apologies.

Does anyone know how we would go about this /who to refer this to?
  • They’re fixing it by removing the error. End of.

You don’t have a credit rating either
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport