IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

NCP / BW Legal - Claim Form received

Options
124»

Comments

• Fingerbobs
    Fingerbobs Posts: 1,648 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    KeithP wrote: »
    Typically, it will be more than a month after filing your Defence.
    My DQ has just arrived, with a due date of 2nd January 2019.
  • Fingerbobs
    Options
    Received a letter to say that the case has been transferred to my local court.

NCP have ignored my SAR email, and I notice they have now removed the email address for their Data Protection Officer from their Privacy page. It now only gives a postal address (although the email address is still given in the full PDF version of their policy).
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    If one calendar nmonth has gone by, then raise a complaint with the ICO
    State NCP have no excuse to miss the deadline, as they are a natioanl company, not a small operation.

Then write to NCP, first class free proof of posting, attaching a PRINT OUT of yoru SAR email from X date, poitning out they are in breach of the DPA 2018 and must respond by (adte of letter plus 2 working days plus 3 working days after that) otherwise your existing complaint with teh ICO will be ADDED to.

State that this is a matter of urgency due to THEIR court claim, and a failure to respond will result in a court claim against them, compelling the release, and an Order to Stay the current claim until this has been complied with, PLUS damages for their breach of your rights under the DPA2018.
  • Fingerbobs
    Options
    I have been requested to update this thread to say that I have decided not to defend this case in court, and have settled with BW Legal.

I realise that I am in a priviledged position to be able to just swallow my pride and cough up without it bothering me too much, but I appreciate that others are not so lucky and these unfair and unjust rip-off charges represent a serious amount of money to lose. To those people I apologise that I didn't take it all the way, but I still think I have done the correct thing from my own perspective, and sometimes one has to put one's own health and wellbeing first.

I'd also like to extend my gratitude to all those who helped me and continue to help others on this forum. This is a fantastic resource, and without it I would have been completely out of my depth, and wouldn't even have entertained the notion of defending the case.

To those who are still fighting, don't let my sheepishness put you off in any way. Go for it! You'll probably win against these muppets. A more disorganised shower I have never had the misfortune to deal with.

My other thread, by way of a cross-reference: https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=6014821
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure