🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Universal Credit - closing claim?

Options
124»

Comments

• Nullboris
    Options
    Shes not being supported by her parents , she has savings from previous job.
    As to ending your claim, LOL dont worry , any excuse they can find they will do that.
    Work placements? off to Poundland for you I'm afraid.
  • Ineededaname
    Options
    Juat reiterating that I don't think it's right doing work placements if there isn't a real benefit for you and it makes no sense why they would pushing it.

If you need the experience, have a long gap on your CV or there's a potential job at the end of it then sure. Otherwise it just seems like the time would be better spent looking for actual paid work?

You've probably got the right idea trying to find your own thing and just do it a few hours a week. I'd probably do this if I was unemployed just for my own sanity to be honest!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport