IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Gladstones Letter Before Claim Oct 2018 - How should I respond?

Options

Comments

• StubbornGoat
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Looks fine, you have what you need.

Thanks for your help. So shall I wait until nearer the deadline (Wednesday 27th March 2019) to post my defence, or do so anytime now?
    Never seek out a private car park though, as you have learnt from your two cases!

We have made mistakes over the past few years (and thanks to this forum have learned).. though I will add that in this case, the car park was not privatised for years and frequently used it without bother for a long time.. it was only when we came back to the car and noticed the ticket on the car that we realised that they had suddenly become private. It was a genuine "we had no idea that the sign was there or that he car park was privatised" moment. No "P", no "private land", no entrance sign or anything. And merely out of habit we simply parked in the VP bay, got out and got on with our day.
    You CAN stop on street, it's fine, double yellows and all, that's what they are there for, if loading/unloading or picking up a passenger, etc. and you don't get scammed.

Good tip
    I avoid car parks like the plague, unless I am genuinely visiting the shop involved. Never never would I choose to leave the street to pull into some random car park, even if the car was breaking down. These are not places to stop.

We normally don't have an issue with car parks (despite the 3 honest mistakes as documented on this forum recently) and are happy to pay our way, when given a fair chance. But we're becoming less enthused about using them these days.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,205 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    You should email your defence asap to the CCBCAQ email (see KeithP's posts).

:)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • StubbornGoat
    Options
    The Defence has been sent.

Thanks again for your help

SG
  • StubbornGoat
    Options
    Just to update you that I received a letter today confirming that they have received my defence.

https://i.postimg.cc/4xHp5tKw/defence-received.jpg

I guess I now just wait and hope 28 days pass

SG
  • StubbornGoat
    StubbornGoat Posts: 157 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 28 March 2019 at 11:53PM
    Options
    KeithP wrote: »
    Do not be surprised to receive a copy of the Claimant's Directions Questionnaire, they are just trying to put you under pressure.

Yep - One just arrived.

https://i.postimg.cc/W1rc4h7k/GS-Directions-Questionnaire.jpg

What would you do now? Wait for the official one from court or download one from the internet?

Thanks again

SG
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    your choice, I would wait for the CCBC to send it, but as I said , its your choice
  • StubbornGoat
    Options
    So the Directions Questionnaire arrived from the court. I am filling in as advised by Bargepole (https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5546325) however should I put down TWO witnesses (both myself and my wife). She was the one driving (and we told them this already) so should she be a witness to that? Would it help the case?

Thanks

SG
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    if you are both attending then yes, or if in doubt , yes

you are witness 1 as you are the defendant I believe, she is witness 2 , even if she fails to appear, especially as she may give you a WS to deposit at the WS stage later down the track

I have no idea if it will help your case , you are asking for a legal analysis to be made by mainly non-legal respondents , this isnt a legal aid forum, its a consumer rights forum, totally different
  • StubbornGoat
    Options
    Redx wrote: »
    if you are both attending then yes, or if in doubt , yes

you are witness 1 as you are the defendant I believe, she is witness 2 , even if she fails to appear, especially as she may give you a WS to deposit at the WS stage later down the track

I have no idea if it will help your case , you are asking for a legal analysis to be made by mainly non-legal respondents , this isnt a legal aid forum, its a consumer rights forum, totally different

Thank you

Re: asking if it would help my case... I was just asking if in peoples experience, not legal expertise whether they thought it would help my case.

It's good to know that Witness Statements can be brought in case she cannot attend for some reason.
  • StubbornGoat
    Options
    Finally on this point... do I literally photocopy each page of the DQ and send to the claimant as well as the court?

Thanks
    SG
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family